DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The News Room (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Supreme Court has granted the DACA cases (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=83696)

Red neck 06-28-2019 09:32 AM

Supreme Court has granted the DACA cases

The Supreme Court has granted the DACA cases, consolidated for one hour of argument

US Supreme Court will hear DACA cases next term, per order now supremecourt.gov/orders/courtor…No

The U.S. Supreme Court agreed to hear President Donald Trump’s bid to end deportation protections for hundreds of thousands of young undocumented immigrants, taking up a politically explosive issue likely to be resolved in the heat of next year’s election campaign, Bloomberg News reports.

The administration is challenging rulings that blocked it from rescinding the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, begun under President Barack Obama. Lower courts have said the Trump administration’s explanation -- that the program is illegal -- isn’t adequate.

Bloomberg

soypana 06-28-2019 09:35 AM

Re: Scotus grants The Supreme Court has granted the DACA cases, consolidated for one

Well this is it people. The end of DACA will be next year.. At least we will be able to renew one more time.

always_learner11 06-28-2019 09:36 AM

Re: Scotus grants The Supreme Court has granted the DACA cases, consolidated for one

They're not hearing the Texas one? Does that make a difference? APA vs Constitutionality?

@cristianafarias

Wow, BREAKING: The Supreme Court is gonna hear all three #DACA cases in the next term, minus the Texas one.

Qualified good news for Dreamers: This means the program stays in place for renewals for a while more!

Red neck 06-28-2019 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by always_learner11 (Post 738407)
They're not hearing the Texas one? Does that make a difference? APA vs Constitutionality?

@cristianafarias

Wow, BREAKING: The Supreme Court is gonna hear all three #DACA cases in the next term, minus the Texas one.

Qualified good news for Dreamers: This means the program stays in place for renewals for a while more!

I think we can win the APA one but constitutional one is a lot harder to win

Erik1421 06-28-2019 10:06 AM

Re: Supreme Court has granted the DACA cases, consolidated for one hour

I am scared and excited over this. Our case is being heard before the most powerful branches of government. We will be officially part of American history. Although our future is uncertain, I am confident that whether it stands or fail, we will have relief.

ElBorra2 06-28-2019 10:07 AM

Tinder, Bumble, Match.. here I come!

DACAgogue 06-28-2019 10:07 AM

One of the positives I see in this is that they didn't strike the lower court rulings. Meaning they're open to what the other courts rules. They could have granted the cert and said the admin had a strong position so put the Lower court rulings on hold. They most likely will hear the case and send it back to the lower courts with how to proceed

DreamerSD23 06-28-2019 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DACAgogue (Post 738411)
One of the positives I see in this is that they didn't strike the lower court rulings. Meaning they're open to what the other courts rules. They could have granted the cert and said the admin had a strong position so put the Lower court rulings on hold. They most likely will hear the case and send it back to the lower courts with how to proceed

Yea there was a possibility of a GVR, but they just granted a certiorari.

juvi 06-28-2019 10:12 AM

Link from NYT

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/28/u...-dreamers.html

JohannBernoulli1667 06-28-2019 10:21 AM

Lol minus the Texas one... Bunch of Texan idiots.

This will only cause DACA to be phased out and reinstated by the next administration. Chances we are screwed are still small. I would say, time your renewals well. If your renewal is not due, then consider sending it early and timing it so you get 2MoreYears