DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Help.I was denied but I would like to reapply (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=45238)

dacaresident 04-18-2013 06:05 PM

Help.I was denied but I would like to reapply

I provided sufficient evidence for all the requirements except for my 5 year residency. I was denied DACA for what I believe is not submitting sufficient evidence proving my stay in the years 2011 and 2012 .I sent in a letter from a religious institution claiming I volunteered and participated in their events on 2011 and 2012 for which I had no evidence aside from word of mouth. Recently I discovered invoices on an Amazon and Paypal account that I believe is concrete evidence of my residency. The only thing is that having been denied im not entirely sure of my options.

Are there any options left for someone who has been denied?What are some possible solutions besides waiting for the next bill? haha I know this is a public forum but any insightful voice will be appreciated. Thank you

anitagreencard 04-18-2013 06:10 PM

Re: Help.I was denied but I would like to reapply

Quote:

Originally Posted by dacaresident (Post 462641)
I provided sufficient evidence for all the requirements except for my 5 year residency. I was denied DACA for what I believe is not submitting sufficient evidence proving my stay in the years 2011 and 2012 .I sent in a letter from a religious institution claiming I volunteered and participated in their events on 2011 and 2012 for which I had no evidence aside from word of mouth. Recently I discovered invoices on an Amazon and Paypal account that I believe is concrete evidence of my residency. The only thing is that having been denied im not entirely sure of my options.

Are there any options left for someone who has been denied?What are some possible solutions besides waiting for the next bill? haha I know this is a public forum but any insightful voice will be appreciated. Thank you

You can reapply. Did you receive a RFE? Or did they straight up deny you?

Tonyhasadream 04-18-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

crimial record? What service center?

dacaresident 04-18-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anitagreencard (Post 462644)
You can reapply. Did you receive a RFE? Or did they straight up deny you?

I received an RFE. On the denial notice they sent me it says "You may not file an appeal or motion to reopen/reconsider this decision." I'm assuming
this decision only affects this particular case and if i were to reapply with new evidence a new decision can be made regardless of the denial.

dacaresident 04-18-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonyhasadream (Post 462646)
crimial record? What service center?

Theres nothing on my record. Laguna Niguel CA

Pianoswithoutfaith 04-18-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dacaresident (Post 462649)
I received an RFE. On the denial notice they sent me it says "You may not file an appeal or motion to reopen/reconsider this decision." I'm assuming
this decision only affects this particular case and if i were to reapply with new evidence a new decision can be made regardless of the denial.

Yeah you start a new case but you will need to pay the 465 something it I again

Tonyhasadream 04-18-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dacaresident (Post 462653)
Theres nothing on my record. Laguna Niguel CA

Man that sucks, if you get denied again and CIR passes you are going to have to give them another $500

2tall 04-19-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

I think u should reapply.. this time submit all ur evidence also get friends and family 2 write letters stating how long they know u and different events u participated in with them. If u get approve 4 this u know u will get approved for CIR whenever it becomes a law. What was ur time line

Lunafiv 04-19-2013 06:23 PM

I think this is why it's better to apply once you've gathered all the evidence. There's another person on this forum who started looking for more evidence AFTER they got a REF. You are supposed to do all that before you apply. That's one of the reasons I haven't applied.

Now you mentioned that as proof you sent a letter from a church and that was not enough??

On the official website it says the following:
Official records from a religious entity confirming participation in a religious ceremony.

Could you post what else you sent? Also, did they specifically say you got denied because of that year gap?? 2011 to 2012? So that means, you didn't have enough proof to show you were present when DACA was announced? Maybe that's why you got denied?

zone2oo0 04-20-2013 05:04 AM

sucks you can't appeal..

but

what year did you come in?

how old are you ?