DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Affidavit Letters (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=29165)

Ted345 08-08-2012 07:08 PM

Affidavit Letters

What type of information does a Affidavit letter need to have? I'm asking my aunts, uncles and some friends to write an Affidavit letter for me since I don't have enough evidence I've been living here since getting out of high school. Anyone else doing this?

Chn 08-08-2012 07:13 PM

Re: Affidavit Letters

I'm on a mobile with low battery, but I recall that the guidelines only allow two affidavits. If so, choose who you want the affidavit from carefully.

DamLeon123 08-08-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ted345 (Post 272822)
What type of information does a Affidavit letter need to have? I'm asking my aunts, uncles and some friends to write an Affidavit letter for me since I don't have enough evidence I've been living here since getting out of high school. Anyone else doing this?

What do you mean living here since getting out of high school?

will_con 08-08-2012 07:16 PM

Here's the updated guideline:

Quote:

May I file affidavits as proof that I meet the guidelines for consideration of deferred action for childhood arrivals?
Affidavits generally will not be sufficient on their own to demonstrate that you meet the guidelines for USCIS to consider you for deferred action for childhood arrivals.
However, affidavits may be used to support meeting the following guidelines only if the documentary evidence available to you is insufficient or lacking:

A gap in the documentation demonstrating that you meet the five year continuous residence requirement; and
A shortcoming in documentation with respect to the brief, casual and innocent departures during the five years of required continuous presence.
If you submit affidavits related to the above criteria, you must submit two or more affidavits, sworn to or affirmed by people other than yourself, who have direct personal knowledge of the events and circumstances. Should USCIS determine that the affidavits are insufficient to overcome the unavailability or the lack of documentary evidence with respect to either of these guidelines, it will issue a Request for Evidence, indicating that further evidence must be submitted to demonstrate that you meet these guidelines.

Nic89 08-08-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chn (Post 272825)
I'm on a mobile with low battery, but I recall that the guidelines only allow two affidavits. If so, choose who you want the affidavit from carefully.

Do they really going to accepts two affidavits??....I don't need one but I might get couple done just to back me up.

Ted345 08-08-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamLeon123 (Post 272826)
What do you mean living here since getting out of high school?

I graduated in 09' I have more then enough proof I've been in the US before that since I was about 3months old, But i don't have enough proof to show i stayed in the US since I graduated.

Ted345 08-08-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by will_con (Post 272827)
Here's the updated guideline:

Thanks alot

Chn 08-08-2012 07:31 PM

Sorry, it was two or more. If anyone does this please let us know. I might need to get affidavits. I have nothing for the last year. Not employed means no employment records which means no money in the bank which means no bank statements which means nothing I can spent money on so no receipts.

will_con 08-08-2012 07:52 PM

I was wondering if, thanks to technology, we can use Facebook as proof. I mean, we have designated "check-ins". You probably have photos of yourself around your local area.

Just a thought.

txgirl 08-08-2012 07:56 PM

I, NAME HERE , being duly sworn declare the following:

My name is XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, I am 34 years old and I have personal knowledge of the facts in this affidavit. I am a citizen of United States or/ I am a lawful permanent resident A#121-454-787.

then the paragraph of informaion they are giving

Dated: ____________ Signed:

Signed and sworn to before me
this ___ day of _____________, 2012.