DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Made a mistake (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=83962)

Aaron2400 10-25-2019 10:40 PM

Made a mistake

I just sent my renewal last week . They received package 10/22. I usually get notification few days after . Today I checked my copies of what I sent and I noticed I put the street address in the “in care of “ instead of the address . And I did it for Both DACA & EAD forms. Now I’m freaking out that they may send it back late and I won’t able to send it back in time . I’ve seen people being rejected because of it . I’m such a dumb . Please double , triple , check your papers before sending them ;( 😐😞

Pianoswithoutfaith 10-26-2019 12:03 AM

Re: Made a mistake

I don’t think they’ll send it back just send you a letter asking to clarify

Aaron2400 10-26-2019 12:14 AM

I really hope so . I mean I know is not a big mistake but you never know what person checks the application. And I’ve read here where people get reject then get denied for not being sent on time . I hope It all works out .

Thanks

Swim19 10-26-2019 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron2400 (Post 742256)
I really hope so . I mean I know is not a big mistake but you never know what person checks the application. And I’ve read here where people get reject then get denied for not being sent on time . I hope It all works out .

Thanks

The worst that will happen is they send back the application and ask you to resubmit. This will not get your DACA denied even if it is sent in late. You have a year from your expiration date to file for a renewal, so this will not cause your DACA to be denied.

Aaron2400 10-26-2019 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swim19 (Post 742261)
The worst that will happen is they send back the application and ask you to resubmit. This will not get your DACA denied even if it is sent in late. You have a year from your expiration date to file for a renewal, so this will not cause your DACA to be denied.

Really ? Because I see here where someone got a RFE and they sent some green paper by time she sent it back they denied because it was sent after 120 days . 😕

Aaron2400 10-26-2019 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swim19 (Post 742261)

By the way if they send it back do they send it after I get receipts notice of acceptance , n after they cashed my check or does it happens before ?

Swim19 10-26-2019 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron2400 (Post 742263)
Really ? Because I see here where someone got a RFE and they sent some green paper by time she sent it back they denied because it was sent after 120 days . 😕

More than likely that was because the person didn't respond in time for the RFE. It had nothing to do with not renewing on time. This is directly from USCIS website:

If you file after the recommended filing period (meaning less than 120 days before your current period of DACA expires), there is an increased possibility that your current period of DACA and employment authorization will expire before you receive a decision on your renewal request. If you file after your most recent DACA period expired, but within one year of its expiration, you may submit a request to renew your DACA. If you are filing beyond one year after your most recent period of DACA expired, you may still request DACA by submitting a new initial request.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron2400 (Post 742265)
By the way if they send it back do they send it after I get receipts notice of acceptance , n after they cashed my check or does it happens before ?

They would send it back before note of acceptance and cashing of check.

Aaron2400 10-26-2019 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swim19 (Post 742272)
More than likely that was because the person didn't respond in time for the RFE. It had nothing to do with not renewing on time. This is directly from USCIS website:

If you file after the recommended filing period (meaning less than 120 days before your current period of DACA expires), there is an increased possibility that your current period of DACA and employment authorization will expire before you receive a decision on your renewal request. If you file after your most recent DACA period expired, but within one year of its expiration, you may submit a request to renew your DACA. If you are filing beyond one year after your most recent period of DACA expired, you may still request DACA by submitting a new initial request.

They would send it back before note of acceptance and cashing of check.

Thank you swim19 , I feel a lot better hopefully they just overlook it . 😐