DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Immigration knocking on a Dreamer's house (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=76010)

Carpenter86 02-17-2017 12:52 PM

Immigration knocking on a Dreamer's house

I don't know if any of you are a part of, but there's a Facebook group called Deferred Action.

This morning, a Dreamer and Daca recipient were posting while ICE was knocking at her doors in CA.

According to her, she lives with her parents and none of them have either a felony or a removal order. If that's truth, seems very messed up and wierd that ICE is targeting their house.

I'm not posting this thread to scare anyone, I'm just bringing up a situation that went up.

If anyone wants to check it out, take a look at the group and it's posts.

astroxp 02-17-2017 01:13 PM

Re: Immigration knocking on a Dreamer's house

Damn, if true, that's fucking messed up.

ggalicia 02-17-2017 11:03 PM

Any updates?

Pianoswithoutfaith 02-18-2017 01:09 PM

Or can't you link to the Facebook group?

I am guess this is going to happen a lot now ( people posting about ice ) and if so you guys should get a camera out and record something because a photo is worth more than a simple "omg ice is my house!!" Post

Carpenter86 02-18-2017 03:22 PM

The group is a closed group, so you need to join to be able to see it.

Looks like the Dreamer and her parents are staying at her boyfriend's for now. She end up deleting the post because it was getting too much attention and she was getting afraid of someone noticing and doing something to harm her and her family.

She did contact some people and said that they are doing ok as far as it goes. I felt really bad for her, this situation is really messed up.

isk84life 02-18-2017 05:26 PM

Any more details?

2H2F 02-18-2017 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianoswithoutfaith (Post 604936)
Or can't you link to the Facebook group?

I am guess this is going to happen a lot now ( people posting about ice ) and if so you guys should get a camera out and record something because a photo is worth more than a simple "omg ice is my house!!" Post

What's the group called? i'm in one or two but there's hardly any activity in it..

isk84life 02-18-2017 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2H2F (Post 604948)
What's the group called? i'm in one or two but there's hardly any activity in it..

Same, dont see any activity.

DanielPL 02-18-2017 06:11 PM

What really worries me is that ICE could go after me and my parents next.

Carpenter86 02-18-2017 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2H2F (Post 604948)

The group's name is Deferred Action
I'm part of other two groups as well: I Have DACA, and DACA Approvals-Time line, all three are quite active, but a lot of miss informed people looking for help, so I try my best to help everyone