DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Advance Parole and Covid 19 (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=84718)

beingoflight 01-18-2021 10:28 PM

Advance Parole and Covid 19

Is it safe to travel to Mexico right now? Grandmother seems to be having heart problems, and because of Covid i dont want to get stuck over there.

Malign0n 01-18-2021 10:56 PM

Re: Advance Parole and Covid 19

Beginning the 26th of January, you will need to present a negative covid test taken 3 days before arrival or documentation showing recovery from covid within the last 90 days

beingoflight 01-18-2021 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malign0n (Post 755720)
Beginning the 26th of January, you will need to present a negative covid test taken 3 days before arrival or documentation showing recovery from covid within the last 90 days

So if you catch it over there you are screwed?

Malign0n 01-18-2021 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beingoflight (Post 755721)
So if you catch it over there you are screwed?

You’ll need to plan accordingly. Airlines are prohibited from allowing passengers with a positive COVID test. When applying for AP, you’ll probably need to request a buffer in addition to the amount of time you’ll be out of the country. If you are applying for multiple entry AP, that may be easier since it doesn’t limit your entries to one and you could have it for a longer period of time.

On the CDC website, it does allow for someone to have a positive COVID test to present a letter from a Doctor clearing them for travel

Demise 01-18-2021 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beingoflight (Post 755711)
Is it safe to travel to Mexico right now? Grandmother seems to be having heart problems, and because of Covid i dont want to get stuck over there.

Honestly due to all the issues with COVID-19, even though Mexico isn't one of the prohibited countries, I would recommend against international travel unless you absolutely have to.

Manhattan2017 01-24-2021 12:25 PM

Quote:

if you are ok with the risk of being stuck over there as countries are constantly shifting their border closure/flight testing strategies.. sure, go ahead. it's up to you.

2Face 01-24-2021 03:43 PM

Quote:

In all honestly...I would highly recommend against international travel at the moment. If you do, maybe you should make sure you have ample time in your advance parole...do not leave it for last minute....because if that AP date expires and you're unable to get back within the time frame you will be out of this country forever. You never know about flight restrictions with this covid...there's new variants popping up and flights can be cancelled...Wishing the best for your grandma.

beingoflight 01-24-2021 09:15 PM

Thank y'all for your kind words and advice.

I guess sending money over there is the only thing to do then.

She is doing better now, just wanted to know in case that the worst happens. She is basically the ONLY reason to even considering visiting Mexico.

beingoflight 01-31-2021 05:45 PM

What if i get the vaccine? My industry is about to have us get it. Would that help?

dreamerdfdf 01-31-2021 08:49 PM

I recently applied for AP to go to Mexico. I requested a multiple entry and requested it for 45 days. They just cashed my check last week and I also got the first doses of the Moderna vaccine last Thursday. I'm due for the second doses on Feb 25th. I'll let you know how it goes for me.