DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   So what's next for us? (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=71033)

theguywitheyes 03-19-2015 12:17 AM

So what's next for us?

Just wondering if there is a next step for us after Obama's half successful executive action.
Do you guys think that this is all that we will get from this president until, perhaps, hopefully, the next one?

pink 03-19-2015 07:23 AM

Re: So what's next for us?

Quote:

Originally Posted by theguywitheyes (Post 555543)
Just wondering if there is a next step for us after Obama's half successful executive action.
Do you guys think that this is all that we will get from this president until, perhaps, hopefully, the next one?

It's not up to the president, DACA and DAPA is all he can legally give us. In order for us to get anything more, republicans would have to work with the president to give us legal status, and the way things are looking right now , satan would have to install a central air system in hell before the republicans do anything for us.

Racer X 03-19-2015 12:22 PM

i dont expect anything more to happen until 2018 at the earliest, maybe late 2017. that would be if non-whites actually showed up and voted in 2016.

dreamact9090 03-19-2015 11:04 PM

man it's so sad... there is nothing we can do and it's hopeless

EdoIsa 03-20-2015 02:59 AM

I was just about to ask the same thing .... What do you guys think is going to happen with DACA after Obama leaves office?

dreamerperson 03-20-2015 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdoIsa (Post 555631)
I was just about to ask the same thing .... What do you guys think is going to happen with DACA after Obama leaves office?

Depends on who will be elected to the Executive branch.

EdoIsa 03-20-2015 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamerperson (Post 555660)
Depends on who will be elected to the Executive branch.

Well what I meant to ask was what CAN happen, regardless of the next pres.

For example, if its a pres. who supports us, will it be continued or maybe even expanded?

If it is NOT a supportive pres., what CAN they do? Can they just revert DACA?

theguywitheyes 03-20-2015 04:50 PM

The thing about DACA is only a temporary solution. Can we keep on renewing our DACA until we all get to age 80? That's highly unlikely. But part of me still believe that deporting all who receive DACA is unrealistic since we are basically integrated into this society already (economically speaking) even if we get a president who doesn't like us.

EdoIsa 03-20-2015 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theguywitheyes (Post 555694)
The thing about DACA is only a temporary solution. Can we keep on renewing our DACA until we all get to age 80? That's highly unlikely. But part of me still believe that deporting all who receive DACA is unrealistic since we are basically integrated into this society already (economically speaking) even if we get a president who doesn't like us.

I also believe that the reason Obama passed DACA is just that ... to prevent anyone in the future from deporting us. Like you said, anyone who enters office, regardless, will now have to deal with 2 separate parties: illegal immigrants and DACA recipients.

Obama basically removed us from the big crowd and put us in a nice warm corner. When the big boys come breaking in and yelling at everyone, they might (hopefully) ignore the few in the corner.

BUT, nonetheless, this is still unfortunate for everyone else who doesn't qualify for DACA. Our parents (or mine at least) are one example.

Meh :/

dreamact9090 03-21-2015 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdoIsa (Post 555696)
I also believe that the reason Obama passed DACA is just that ... to prevent anyone in the future from deporting us. Like you said, anyone who enters office, regardless, will now have to deal with 2 separate parties: illegal immigrants and DACA recipients.

Obama basically removed us from the big crowd and put us in a nice warm corner. When the big boys come breaking in and yelling at everyone, they might (hopefully) ignore the few in the corner.

BUT, nonetheless, this is still unfortunate for everyone else who doesn't qualify for DACA. Our parents (or mine at least) are one example.

Meh :/

If you put it that way, it make sense... still if we can move on, we can able to help our parents and etc.