DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The News Room (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Last Hearing (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=18676)

Abaddon 12-10-2010 03:39 PM

Last Hearing

Hi guys,

Today is the last part of my story. Thank you for taking interest in reading and I will let you know if there is anything you can do to help me in the coming week.

---------------------------------------

From the Dream Act Portal Periodical: http://dreamact.info/periodical/126583

Since August 2008, I’ve traveled between Chicago, IL, Rochester, NY and Buffalo, NY six times by Amtrak and ten times by Greyhound in order to get to my deportation hearings. During these trips, I’ve encountered Border Patrol agents twice on Amtrak and at least five times on Greyhound. The routine is always the same: “Are you a U.S. citizen? What country are you from?” I respond, “No” and show my court notice paper. The agent examines it briefly and moves on.

November 5th, I left Chicago for my last court hearing in Buffalo, NY. This time the routine was broken: the agent finished with a curtly “Good luck, sir.” Five days later I stood In the courtroom.

We informed the judge that voluntary departure was a not a good option for me. To which he replied, “Very well then.” At this point the hearing took on an evermore impersonal and bureaucratic character. The judge rattled off the verdict, my order of deportation. All thought subsided; my mind went blank. The hearing ended with my lawyer reserving the right to appeal the case, giving me another thirty days with my family.

Moments later, I was alone in the waiting room. I cried. Unlike my breakdown after the first hearing, this time I knew the reason for my tears. I was angry and frustrated. Angry at the senselessness of the situation. Frustrated since in the two years that I’ve been going to these hearings the Dream Act still hasn’t passed and relief remained on the horizon.

By November 14th, I was back with my family in Chicago. Today, my appeals period ends. At this point I am uncertain how much time I have left or when and if I will have to ask for your help. As always, I continue doing what I can to help inch the Dream Act forward.

---------------------------------------

Previous parts of my story: http://dreamact.info/periodical

Voluntary departure is defeat
Why retain a lawyer and where to find her
First court appearance
Orange suit
Detainment

onemoredreamer 12-10-2010 03:48 PM

Re: Last Hearing

Dude!! I really feel for you... I pray to God that all of this nonsense comes to an end and that soon people like you, other dreamers and myself, can finally live in peace. Keep us in the loop and just let us know how we can help you!!

Tacvbo 12-10-2010 04:09 PM

Thank you for sharing your story. I really melted myself into your situation. I feel you, best wishes to you my friend.

1st born 12-10-2010 06:10 PM

dam....faith is the key

Romero 12-10-2010 06:33 PM

my prayers are with you.

Feenmi 12-10-2010 06:50 PM

I love you long time.

Dukem88 12-10-2010 06:50 PM

WTF!!!!!! Damn man... I'm really sorry Ab... Hate to see this happen, especially to friends.

People, dont travel with amtrak or greyhounds, they are major traps.

kikibay92 12-11-2010 12:10 AM

觀自在菩薩。行深般若波羅蜜多時。照見五蘊皆空。度一切苦厄。舍利子。色不異空。空不異色。色即是空。空即是色。受想行識。亦復如是。舍利子。是諸法空相。不生不滅。不垢不淨。不增不減。是故空中無色。無受想行識。無眼耳鼻舌身意。無色聲香味觸法。無眼界。乃至無意識界。無無明。亦無無明盡。乃至無老死。亦無老死盡。無苦集滅道。無智亦無得。以無所得故。菩提薩埵。依般若波羅蜜多故。心無罣礙。無罣礙故。無有恐怖。遠離顛倒夢想。究竟涅槃。三世諸佛。依般若波羅蜜多故。得阿耨多羅三藐三菩提。故知般若波羅蜜多。是大神咒。是大明咒。是無上咒。是無等等咒。能除一切苦。真實不虛。故說般若波羅蜜多咒。即說咒曰。揭諦揭諦。波羅揭諦。波羅僧揭諦。菩提薩婆訶。

TexasDreamy 12-11-2010 12:51 AM

So what now?

IDim 12-11-2010 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kikibay92 (Post 195706)
觀自在菩薩。行深般若波羅蜜多時。照見五蘊皆空。度一切苦厄。舍利子。色不異空。空不異色。色即是空。空即是色。受想行識。亦復如是。舍利子。是諸法空相。不生不滅。不垢不淨。不增不減。是故空中無色。無受想行識。無眼耳鼻舌身意。無色聲香味觸法。無眼界。乃至無意識界。無無明。亦無無明盡。乃至無老死。亦無老死盡。無苦集滅道。無智亦無得。以無所得故。菩提薩埵。依般若波羅蜜多故。心無罣礙。無罣礙故。無有恐怖。遠離顛倒夢想。究竟涅槃。三世諸佛。依般若波羅蜜多故。得阿耨多羅三藐三菩提。故知般若波羅蜜多。是大神咒。是大明咒。是無上咒。是無等等咒。能除一切苦。真實不虛。故說般若波羅蜜多咒。即說咒曰。揭諦揭諦。波羅揭諦。波羅僧揭諦。菩提薩婆訶。

This is what I got from Google Translate:

Avalokitesvara Bodhisattva. Rows deep Prajna Paramita a long time. According to see the five aggregates vanity. Degrees all Kue. Relic. Different color is not empty. Space does not Harmonia. Sex is zero. Kongjishise. Or mind. Same is the case. Relic. That dharmas are empty of characteristics. No birth and no death. Do not scale is not the net. Do not rise. Therefore, in emptiness. No or mind. No eye 耳鼻舌身意. Colorless sound flavor breaking the law. No vision. And even the unconscious world. No field. No field to do. Not die of old age as well. Nor die of old age 盡. No 苦集滅道. Was no lack of wisdom. Therefore, no-income. Bodhi 薩 duo. By Prajna Paramita it. Heart without hindrance. Therefore, without hindrance. Not a terrorist. Away from the reversal of a dream. Nibbana. III Buddhas. By Prajna Paramita it. A hoe many Romans may despise the three enlightenment. Refresher Prajna Paramita. Great Mantra. Is the Mantra. , A Supreme Mantra. Is no more curse. Can remove all suffering. True is true. Prajna Paramita Mantra it said. Said that that curse. Jie Jie 諦 諦. Polo mortgage 諦. Jie 諦 Baltic monk. Bodhi Sa Po 訶.