DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Difficulty having a J.O.B (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=38698)

ECW 02-10-2013 11:43 AM

Difficulty having a J.O.B

Hey guys, is anyone having trouble finding a job. I have applied to over 15 companies in the past month and got 2 rejections so far, I have apply to almost everywhere I could think of, Wal-Mart, Publix, CVS, Walgreens, Target, etc. I didn't think it would be that hard. Where are you currently employed at?

Abaddon 02-10-2013 11:52 AM

Re: Difficulty having a J.O.B

Have you also tried temp agencies? My sister got hired through one of them and now she is an HR coordinator.

Charolastra 02-10-2013 12:03 PM

I guess what we didn't remember when we applied for DACA was how bad the job market was...

Abaddon 02-10-2013 12:09 PM

From my point of view, the job market has been pretty bad since 2008... I hear it's getting better?

Looking at future trends in the field of education, however, if CIR does require people to learn English, there is going to be a great demand for ESL classes... just a thought I've been having.

cacheton011 02-10-2013 12:46 PM

Yup!!! Over 50 apps sent and only 3 interviews. Employers aren't offering me a decent wage and if this trend continues, I might end up accepting a low-wage offer.

And I have almost 10 years of experience!!!! half as a supervisor!!!!!

It's slow right now so I'm hoping things pick up soon and thus more offers will become available....

Hang in there, you're not the only one struggling.

msaccountant 02-10-2013 12:49 PM

I just started to applied like a week ago so I can't say I'm in the same position. I've also applied to retail stuff. Best of luck to everyone!

PhelonOne87 02-10-2013 08:28 PM

I recently got hired at Lowes on the 5th of Feb as an assembler thanx to my construction background before DACA.

Chyno 02-10-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cacheton011 (Post 425684)
Yup!!! Over 50 apps sent and only 3 interviews. Employers aren't offering me a decent wage and if this trend continues, I might end up accepting a low-wage offer.

And I have almost 10 years of experience!!!! half as a supervisor!!!!!

It's slow right now so I'm hoping things pick up soon and thus more offers will become available....

Hang in there, you're not the only one struggling.

What is your profession?

subzer0 02-11-2013 02:42 AM

Nowadays you gotta have somebody hook you up with a job, filling out applications online is pretty much a waste of time.

Dres2011 02-11-2013 03:03 AM

Becareful when filing applications online, I think I got scammed fuck me.