DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   UC Dreamers? (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=26433)

tiguangna 02-13-2012 03:25 AM

UC Dreamers?

anyone here go to a University of California school? If so, which one, what year, and what major? How are you paying for it? Are you commuting or living on campus? Are there any DREAM organizations in your UC?

tyler129 02-13-2012 12:36 PM

Re: UC Dreamers?

im so jealous! lucky them, they probably have permanent resident parents and permanent resident siblings who help them :/

uc_ag 02-13-2012 09:28 PM

^nope

xav1er07 02-14-2012 03:38 AM

I go to UCIrvine...the organization there is Dreams at UCI....I know all the other dreams orgs at the various campuses I actually have an excel doc of it might be a lil outdated tho...well Dreams at UCI is a great group of ppl.....I pay for school through my job my family does help me but both my parents are undocumented I have a job and a work permit only.....I obtain that by saving up my money which I got from being a dishwasher for 7 years -_-...sucked I use to work 16 somtimes 20 hours straight without a break...sucked big time....but I got a better job now...my lawyer help me get a work permit (I actually posted it a while back about this)....well yea now im better off......:)...from being straight illegel to having a work permit...a job...goin to uci...im happy its still really hard tho...cuz tutition is so high...I can only afford two classes per semster about 3 thousand a semster for 2 classes...or like 1 thousand a month....and thats with part-time status...sucks im still pretty poor tho after everything lol but im happy ...in part.....atleast somewhat.....i say if you could afford it or can get scholarships go to a UC its so worth ur money I Love UCI even tho its not in the top schools in CA but its better than most you know.....I got accepted to UCSD cant go cuz couldn't afford to live there....so see what you could afford .....CALSATE is way cheeper with 3 thousand you can pay off a whole year which is great!!!CSSB is really good school I hear.....

xav1er07 02-14-2012 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xav1er07 (Post 246456)
I go to UCIrvine...the organization there is Dreams at UCI....I know all the other dreams orgs at the various campuses I actually have an excel doc of it might be a lil outdated tho...well Dreams at UCI is a great group of ppl.....I pay for school through my job my family does help me but both my parents are undocumented I have a job and a work permit only.....I obtain that by saving up my money which I got from being a dishwasher for 7 years -_-...sucked I use to work 16 somtimes 20 hours straight without a break...sucked big time....but I got a better job now...my lawyer help me get a work permit (I actually posted it a while back about this)....well yea now im better off......:)...from being straight illegel to having a work permit...a job...goin to uci...im happy its still really hard tho...cuz tutition is so high...I can only afford two classes per semster about 3 thousand a semster for 2 classes...or like 1 thousand a month....and thats with part-time status...sucks im still pretty poor tho after everything lol but im happy ...in part.....atleast somewhat.....i say if you could afford it or can get scholarships go to a UC its so worth ur money I Love UCI even tho its not in the top schools in CA but its better than most you know.....I got accepted to UCSD cant go cuz couldn't afford to live there....so see what you could afford .....CALSATE is way cheeper with 3 thousand you can pay off a whole year which is great!!!CSSB is really good school I hear.....

oh yea i obviously commute and its a motha thats fosho i wake up at 5 and get ready to be at irvine at 8 so sleep deprived and work on coffee..:| so think about it really good....

kyoujuu 02-16-2012 06:28 AM

i'm at a uc as well and there is an organization for undocumented students here but i haven't really looked into it. i don't have the courage to confront this right now :(
i live on campus. my mom and sister are illegal, although my mom has an ssn (not allowed to work though). my mom's bf is a usc who pays for everything, which i am very thankful for.