DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Having relatives coming to the country to visit. (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=83600)

NotADreamerPerSe 05-24-2019 02:26 PM

Having relatives coming to the country to visit.

Hey y'all,

My fiance hasn't seen his parents in almost a decade. Obviously this is hard on everyone. My question is would there be any problems with his parents coming over to visit? Is it even possible? They are afraid that they can harm him in some way because they would have to disclose they are visiting him, and obviously immigration would know he's a DACA beneficiary. Is it even worth it for them to try to get a visa to come visit? They have never had any problems with immigration. They've never overstayed or come here illegally.

Thanks.

JohannBernoulli1667 05-24-2019 02:31 PM

Re: Having relatives coming to the country to visit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotADreamerPerSe (Post 736718)
Hey y'all,

My fiance hasn't seen his parents in almost a decade. Obviously this is hard on everyone. My question is would there be any problems with his parents coming over to visit? Is it even possible? They are afraid that they can harm him in some way because they would have to disclose they are visiting him, and obviously immigration would know he's a DACA beneficiary. Is it even worth it for them to try to get a visa to come visit? They have never had any problems with immigration. They've never overstayed or come here illegally.

Thanks.

My cousins come to visit all the time. They don't need to say they come to visit him. I mean why not?

They come to visit me and we travel together etc..

My dad's sisters also come to visit him.

NotADreamerPerSe 05-24-2019 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohannBernoulli1667 (Post 736719)
My cousins come to visit all the time. They don't need to say they come to visit him. I mean why not?

They come to visit me and we travel together etc..

My dad's sisters also come to visit him.

Thank you. So, when they try to go get the visa can they say they just wanna vacation here?

Malign0n 05-24-2019 03:38 PM

Right, I had relatives visit here but because of my family’s status they state that they are on vacation. One thing to know is that Consular officers know when you’re lying so it’s better to come up with story that you can stick to. Make sure your family has sufficient ties to their home country that can “guarantee” their return (house, work, etc.) and have an idea of how much they’ll be spending.

Google Visajourney for more information about the B visa process. Also, if you have Netflix, watch “Border Security”. You’ll get an idea of customs and immigration

JohannBernoulli1667 05-24-2019 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotADreamerPerSe (Post 736720)
Thank you. So, when they try to go get the visa can they say they just wanna vacation here?

Yep, most of the time they don't get asked difficult things. I would say never lie to an officer. But so don't try to give them information they don't ask you.

NotADreamerPerSe 05-24-2019 09:32 PM

Thanks y'all.

I just wanna make a reunion happen because all parties need it.

juvi 05-25-2019 09:52 PM

My mom has visited me 5-7 times in the last 10 years with no issues. Granted she already had a tourist visa but she always gives customs my address, even prior to DACA. The govt knows where you are so if they want to come get you they can.

NotADreamerPerSe 05-26-2019 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juvi (Post 736751)
My mom has visited me 5-7 times in the last 10 years with no issues. Granted she already had a tourist visa but she always gives customs my address, even prior to DACA. The govt knows where you are so if they want to come get you they can.

Thank you for sharing you experience.

IamAman 05-26-2019 06:08 PM

Depends on which country they're coming from. If they're coming from a country where people tend to overstay their visas, it's damn near impossible. If they're coming from Europe or Canada, it's easy.

Malign0n 05-26-2019 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamAman (Post 736756)
Depends on which country they're coming from. If they're coming from a country where people tend to overstay their visas, it's damn near impossible. If they're coming from Europe or Canada, it's easy.

You can see the rejection rates country to country. Countries like Brazil and Argentina have rejection rates as high as 25%. While smaller ones have rejection rates in the teens. When my family went in for the visa interview, they saw a lot of worried and stressed faces, they came in confidently. They tell me that the individual ahead of them had stated they were planning to visit a convention in Miami. When asked when and where the convention was they froze and were immediately rejected on the spot.

People visit the U.S for legitimate travel reasons. The biggest thing is to avoid lying about your intentions whether at the consulate or at the border.

If I find the interactive map for rejection rates again I’ll post them here