DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Biometrics question (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=48930)

MarsMartian 05-07-2013 09:31 PM

Biometrics question

Hello everyone my sister is 16 years old and she is about to go and get her biometrics. My question is, can she go in by herself? If the answer is no, can an adult who is undocumented go in with her? I live in Georgia for anyone who lives here as well and can let me know. Thank you.

hawkeye2013 05-07-2013 11:36 PM

Re: Biometrics question

i would say she can go by herself. if she's asked how she got there, just say someone drove her and they are outside.

just make sure that she has her bios letters, her receipt numbers (if they are not on the bios letters), her ID (passport or otherwise) and she'll be ok.

if someone does go with her then they can just sit in the waiting area and not say anything. all the offices are different so there might be a guard at the door itself or just one sitting at a desk in the office. either way, no one will be held (or deported) if they are undocumented. worse thing that will happen is that they ask the other person to wait outside while she takes her bios.

good luck. dont be scared.

danny08 05-07-2013 11:49 PM

she can go by herself , she has nothing to loose just tell to go. but to make her feel protected for any reason they dont let her go alone .. ask someone with papers to go with her...

NEWGIRL:) 05-08-2013 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarsMartian (Post 472343)
Hello everyone my sister is 16 years old and she is about to go and get her biometrics. My question is, can she go in by herself? If the answer is no, can an adult who is undocumented go in with her? I live in Georgia for anyone who lives here as well and can let me know. Thank you.

What county do u stay in?
But I believe she can go alone I did but I'm 22
Took Marta but I did see people go in alone and their
Family or friends were outside in their car waiting
For them to come out.
just make sure she takes both receipts and passport
She will have to fill out a form
No cellphones or bags

4justice 05-08-2013 12:33 AM

These places are not Department of Homeland Security offices. They are Application Service Centers. There is nobody there associated with DHS so you have nothing to worry about.

MarsMartian 05-08-2013 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEWGIRL:) (Post 472438)
What county do u stay in?
But I believe she can go alone I did but I'm 22
Took Marta but I did see people go in alone and their
Family or friends were outside in their car waiting
For them to come out.
just make sure she takes both receipts and passport
She will have to fill out a form
No cellphones or bags

I stay in Gwinnett.

And thank you to all of you who took the time to answer my question.