DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   USCIS holding up Drivers license (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=82780)

DD4S 09-18-2018 01:50 PM

USCIS holding up Drivers license

I was hoping some one could help shed some light on the below. Thank you in advance.
I went in for a renewal of my drivers license like I have been for my past renewals.

After 2 weeks I still hand received my DL and I called to enquire.
They said they were waiting on a green light for my status from USCIS. This is the 1st time this has happed to me.
Has any one experienced anything like this when renewing your DL?
Ps: i already had a REAL ID

AsianDreamer 09-18-2018 02:01 PM

Re: USCIS holding up Drivers license

What state are you from? My sister went to renew her CA driver license in the beginning of August. She hasn't received it yet.

DD4S 09-18-2018 03:19 PM

Las Vegas Nevada.

trac3rt 09-18-2018 03:34 PM

I recently renewed my licensed in NE. No issues here. Received the Real ID card within two weeks.

Run an self-check on the E-Verify page. If there is a problem with the EAD, it will tell you.

My guess is that the DMV is just taking its sweet time. If there was an issued with the EAD, USCIS would've let you know first.

DogJuiceMan 09-18-2018 06:13 PM

Just recently got my RealID. No issues. Maybe your documents werent above board.

Jose89 09-19-2018 12:48 AM

Something similar happened to me the 2nd time i had to renew. I went to get my DL using the letter of approval from USCIS and they told they couldn't renew it yet, they had to verify with USCIS that everything was good. Two weeks later i get a letter from DMV saying I was good to go back and get it renew. Im in Texas.

Swim19 09-19-2018 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DD4S (Post 719332)
I was hoping some one could help shed some light on the below. Thank you in advance.
I went in for a renewal of my drivers license like I have been for my past renewals.

After 2 weeks I still hand received my DL and I called to enquire.
They said they were waiting on a green light for my status from USCIS. This is the 1st time this has happed to me.
Has any one experienced anything like this when renewing your DL?
Ps: i already had a REAL ID

This happened to me last time I went to renew my driver's license. I got a call from the DMV about two weeks later saying I could come in. I know it can take longer depending on how quickly USCIS can verify the documents.

DogJuiceMan 09-19-2018 08:43 AM

USCIS also is having trouble issuing our greencards, we just keep getting eads in the mail :(

Jsonkim88 09-19-2018 11:01 AM

Same, CALIFORNIA here, renewed back in Late July. Still no renewal card came in. I have the temp card expiring October.

IamAman 09-19-2018 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DogJuiceMan (Post 719357)
USCIS also is having trouble issuing our greencards, we just keep getting eads in the mail :(

I know you're kidding but they really are holding up green card renewals too. My relative applied almost as soon as they were allowed to and it arrived in the mail the day before it was about to expire several months later.