DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   EWI with no plans to marry/Family pressure (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=79599)

complicatedc33 12-11-2017 10:19 PM

EWI with no plans to marry/Family pressure

Has anyone received increased pressure to marry and apply for green card from family? I am EWI therefore I have little to no hope besides a waiver. Two of my siblings have married already. However, I don't see that as a route. Am I wasting my time. Am I doing something wrong? I really hope there can be a bill in Congress to help us. I'm getting really depressed because my family does not support my ideas.

Do any of you EWI's have little to no hope? Are any of you scared of consular processing? I know I am

I am feeling shut out by my family in regards to this problem. They act like green cards are given like candy for getting married.

BestBefore1984 12-11-2017 10:27 PM

Re: EWI with no plans to marry/Family pressure

Hey man. I am an EWI. I still have memories of crossing the border as a two year old. The helicopters hovering above, the smell of the dessert. Oh man.

To answer your question. I have not received pressure, per say. My girlfriend at one point was pushing to get married so she could get me a GC. I don't think it's right to do it out of desperation. I think it's important to do it if it feels right.

Am I afraid of the consular processing? No. I've heard nothing but successful stories, so I am not worried about it one bit.

Let me ask you a question, are you currently dating someone?

jwxie518 12-11-2017 10:29 PM

Marry for real love (and watch we are going to get a bunch of angry comments pushing you to marry for sex or some shit).

Are your parents citizens? Or have your siblings petitioned for your parents if your parents are undocumented. Then once they are getting green card, ask your dad/mom put in I130 for you. Your siblings should also file a I130 for you (although that takes 15-20 years). Just in case.

4n0nym0us 12-11-2017 10:32 PM

Yes, I am also EWI and I am pressured by my family to marry.
I want to marry someday, just not now. Even if I tried I don't think I can force someone to marry me in a year.
Unless I join the 90 day fiance show.

BestBefore1984 12-11-2017 10:42 PM

Nice to see other EWI niggas up in this establishment. Are ya'll paisas too?

complicatedc33 12-11-2017 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BestBefore1984 (Post 659321)

Let me ask you a question, are you currently dating someone?

Yes I am

complicatedc33 12-11-2017 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwxie518 (Post 659323)
Marry for real love (and watch we are going to get a bunch of angry comments pushing you to marry for sex or some shit).

Are your parents citizens? Or have your siblings petitioned for your parents if your parents are undocumented. Then once they are getting green card, ask your dad/mom put in I130 for you. Your siblings should also file a I130 for you (although that takes 15-20 years). Just in case.

No citizen parents or sibling petitions. I have an 19 year old citizen brother but he is petitioning his partner.

complicatedc33 12-11-2017 11:44 PM

I try to keep a strong poker face for my family regarding DACA being rescinded. I do not let them see how crushed I am. I do know that I want to continue my education. I dont want to get married and leave the country.

Whereisthelight 12-12-2017 12:31 AM

Right here.
It gets worse when you hit 30.

EWI cleared with AP.
My parents adjusted through my sibling a few years ago. My family tells me I am undocumented because I want to be.

dreamer__13 12-12-2017 12:34 AM

I get shitted on daily for not getting married. Idgaf. Ima hoe and Ima stay a hoe.