DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   Other Topics (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Creepy thread time: Have you ever had a paranormal experience? (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=34027)

MalditoDuende 11-04-2012 04:28 PM

Creepy thread time: Have you ever had a paranormal experience?

I have considered myself an atheist for the longest time now; therefore, I have never really believed in ghosts, apparitions, etc but last Halloween I had an experience that just left me confused. I woke up around 5:00 am and all of a sudden I heard footsteps. I thought to myself it was just my mom, but out of my peripheral vision I saw a shadowy figure. At this point I was horrified so I closed my eyes and then I heard 'it' come up to my ear and whisper "god bless you" and then it started saying the lords prayer( Keep in mind I'm an atheist) I kept my eyes closed because I was terrified and all I could tell was that it was a female voice. The only thing going through my mind was "holy crap is this really happening". After 'it' stopped praying I opened my eyes and there was nothing there. This whole experience has left me confused and shocked, and now I really dont know what to believe. I've been trying to convince myself since then that maybe it was just a dream, or who knows maybe Im just going nuts.

h3wlett 11-04-2012 04:51 PM

Re: Creepy thread time: Have you ever had a paranormal experience?

Rev_Scholar 11-04-2012 04:53 PM

Sounds like a dream. Ghosts are suppose to be all silvery, and you don't even see them most of the time, just hear them. As for the paranormal, yes, I do believe in it. How could you not? The most haunted places in the world are a justification. Google it, you non-believers.

However, I don't believe in ghosts like this:
http://img2-2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic...grudge_2_l.jpg

And holy sh*t, that movie scared the f**k out of me....The Grudge 3.

Rev_Scholar 11-04-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h3wlett (Post 361616)
Could have been your mom or a dream. Most likely the latter and it was probably due to your drowsy, semi-awake state.

I have a similar experience.

So, I was falling asleep. Maybe 30 minutes in, I must have hit the first stage of REM sleep, but I distinctly remember opening my eye's just a slight squint. However, I was fully frozen and couldn't move whatsoever. This is common and is known as sleep paralysis. The unusual and unsettling part was that I distinctly heard the murmuring of what sounded like a crowd of people. It sounded distant but at the same time close to my ear. I couldn't discern what was being said and at one point it sounded like a strange foreign language. I must confess, I was a bit shaken by the experience, but I don't think it was paranormal.

Since you state that you were half-asleep, your mind was just playing tricks on you. The brain is very powerful and imaginative.

triniboyy 11-04-2012 04:58 PM

There's been times (in my old house) I would hear footsteps, thinking it was my brother or mom but no one was home. I used to also wake up and not be able to move, scream, or anything at all. It always felt like someone was choking me. Could be that sleep paralysis thing hewlett was talking about. It's weird coz since I moved, I've never experienced either. *knocks on my wood*

h3wlett 11-04-2012 05:23 PM

MalditoDuende 11-04-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h3wlett (Post 361616)
Could have been your mom or a dream. Most likely the latter and it was probably due to your drowsy, semi-awake state.

I have a similar experience.

So, I was falling asleep. Maybe 30 minutes in, I must have hit the first stage of REM sleep, but I distinctly remember opening my eye's just a slight squint. However, I was fully frozen and couldn't move whatsoever. This is common and is known as sleep paralysis. The unusual and unsettling part was that I distinctly heard the murmuring of what sounded like a crowd of people. It sounded distant but at the same time close to my ear. I couldn't discern what was being said and at one point it sounded like a strange foreign language. I must confess, I was a bit shaken by the experience, but I don't think it was paranormal.

I've had sleep paralysis plenty of times before. I am quite familiar with it, and I can tell you this was not it since I was moving and all. This was something different.

ari88 11-04-2012 07:51 PM

Sleep paralysis can be terrifying, I've had it for about 8 years and although most people experience it almost once in their lifetime, it constantly happens to me, mostly when I am about to nap. I just get paralyzed and there has been instances where I shake myself out of it but then it happens again and again and then I just let it win and give up in trying to take a nap. I'm used to it, but wished I didn't have to go through it. The first years it happened to me I would hear weird noises and eerie sounds like little girls laughing while I was paralyzed, now I hardly hear anything.

Kawi-ZX6R 11-04-2012 09:03 PM

One morning I woke up and I saw lights under my door like if it was coming from the living room. I try to move but I couldn't. I try to scream but nothing came out. I also saw myself lay in bed trying to do that like if I was floating. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath and was freed. I opened my door, but nothing was on.

tyler129 11-04-2012 09:15 PM

When I was 8-9 years old, I saw shadows of Gingerbread men dancing behind my window when I was about to go to sleep..

I knew it wasn't dream because when I closed my eyes and opened them again, they were still dancing..