DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   What the Hell is going on with this Country? (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=19155)

PASStheDREAM 12-18-2010 08:44 PM

What the Hell is going on with this Country?

Friends today we witnessed Democracy at its worst. Well now, I'm dissapointed. I am mad , sad and honestly I feel like Sh*t.

I'am so done letting the system bring us down, I 'am so done letting Stupid pathetic senators such as Graham,Sessions and others, make up lies about immigrants and the DA.

I'm done with this country constantly being xenophobic towards other immigrants.

Well, lets change it.

It's time they hear our voices
, back in 2006 and 2007 we had huge masses of crowds protests in the U.S's major cities. I think its time we escalate our efforts, no more phone calls, Rep.Guiterrez said he would break away from the DEMs and take the fight into the streets.

And that is what we must do.

Use the loss of this sad day and use it as your fire. And let those who voted NO that they will be held accountable. The latino community is watching.

It's time this country hears all of us, things look bleak for next congress, but not impossible. God is good , he is great and this is a test.

Lets change this nation, 2012 is right around the corner.

red_d3vils 12-18-2010 08:48 PM

Re: What the Hell is going on with this Country?

I'm done calling and faxing...seriously those tactics are USELESS. I say we must take matters into our own hands and head to Washington DC

PASStheDREAM 12-18-2010 08:49 PM

Agreed

Alex 12-18-2010 08:54 PM

calling faxing DOESN'T work, you saw it with your own eyes

PASStheDREAM 12-18-2010 08:54 PM

Yesss Your Right! We Need To Protest!!

Nick 12-18-2010 08:56 PM

These tactics are only useless if they are not part of a strategy. These tactics also do not work on their own. You have to work with your local organizations and go and TALK to the legislators face to face.

Having said that we've made REAL tangible progress this year, lets not forget that. The highlight of the vote for me has been Sen. Lisa Murkowski and I haven't even looked at the roll call yet.

This was a battle, not the war.

PASStheDREAM 12-18-2010 09:02 PM

Nick First Of All Thanks , And Your Right The War Isnt Over. Phone Calls And Faxing Do Not Work. However Mass Protests Will, Rallies, Vigils Is What We Should Focus On And Like You Said Meeting With The Legislators Is The Best Tactic.

Vision 12-18-2010 09:09 PM

Things will just be tough from this point on.

Can't believe Democrats actually gave in so much in tax cut. We have deficit and create more deficit by giving tax cuts for all income levels?

People will complain more about the depression and economy rolling on the floor level.

And Obama will probably lose on next elections. There goes 6 years from now and I will be almost 30 and they may even lower age to 25. Great! more screwing!

DreamBaybeh 12-18-2010 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PASStheDREAM (Post 199764)
Nick First Of All Thanks , And Your Right The War Isnt Over. Phone Calls And Faxing Do Not Work. However Mass Protests Will, Rallies, Vigils Is What We Should Focus On And Like You Said Meeting With The Legislators Is The Best Tactic.

You don't have to capitalize every single word, friend.

Also, like Nick said, we did get closer to getting DREAM passed than probably ever before and made good progress. At least we got some real attention this time around.

Vision 12-18-2010 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DreamBaybeh (Post 199777)
You don't have to capitalize every single word, friend.

Also, like Nick said, we did get closer to getting DREAM passed than probably ever before and made good progress. At least we got some real attention this time around.

But I think we got much more media coverage and attention in 2007 than 2010. With Bush and Ted Kennedy fully backing up. I haven't heard Obama coming out and constantly backing up DA. He seemed he was obsessed with tax cut more. Hardly talking about DA. In terms of vote, yeah it was better than 52-44 in 2007 but at that we had more Republicans I think. So overall not enough progress when we had 58 Democrats this time.