DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Letter asking for an Executive Order for temporary Relief (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=19392)

IamAman 10-26-2012 03:02 PM

Re: Letter asking for an Executive Order for temporary Relief

Quote:

Originally Posted by guti_217 (Post 352449)
Ask for temporary relief? This has already been granted to childhood arrivals, but if you are speaking for those who didn't qualify for DACA because of their age then i think it's a good idea to ask, but we should be asking for PERMANENT legal status instead, cause there is no telling what could happen after another president gets elected in the future.

Check the date genius. That was posted 2 years ago. Also not everybody got DACA.

guti_217 10-29-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamaman (Post 354167)
check the date genius. That was posted 2 years ago. Also not everybody got daca.

haha never ocured to me to check the date.... And duh i know not everyone got daca.

IamAman 10-29-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guti_217 (Post 356124)
haha never ocured to me to check the date.... And duh i know not everyone got daca.

lol sorry, I must have been in a bad mood. Really though, DACA needs to be extended to include 31 year olds and older like myself and Jose Vargas so we don't get arrested for driving. That will take a stroke of a pen. Thne worry about the real Dream Act and then CIR.

guti_217 10-29-2012 03:10 PM

IT's OK. i know i think that what Obama is doing is giving us this one chance to show them what we can do for this country, and if the outcome is good in this two years, they should approve the dream act for all who came before their 18th birthday(that's a logical number because that's when we are considered adults here in the U.S.) and there really shouldn't be a top age restriction, what's wrong with approving 31 and older people? it doesn't make sense to me. WE SHOULD REALLY KEEP FIGHTING FOR THE DREAM ACT. AND NEVER GIVE UP ON OUR DREAMS (because this is temporary relief not permanent). i'm sure there will be something for all the people in your same situation in the future, we just gota keep fighting.

los9188 11-05-2012 07:37 PM

Looking back at the original post makes me hate my own race. You guys bashed the person that had the idea for the executive order when he/she just wanted to give us all hope and a chance. You ridiculed and mocked him/her but now bask in the glory that is DACA. Jealousy is the most comment trait in the Hispanic community and I honestly feel as if we inherit it from our parents. Think about it, in our parent's (and ours) homeland the wealthy, successful, and intellectually superior are preyed upon by the rest rather than celebrated and respected. This is why the white race does not want us here; unlike our race they work together to achieve their goals, protect their rights, and stand up for one another when an injustice is brought to attention. Don't get me wrong I am proud to be Latino but we as a race need to evolve and adapt to a more civilized society. No more gang banging, no more High School dropouts, no more teenage pregnancies. Lets use these next 24 months to show this country that we belong here and that we WILL make a positive impact to society!

IamAman 11-06-2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by los9188 (Post 362456)
Looking back at the original post makes me hate my own race. You guys bashed the person that had the idea for the executive order when he/she just wanted to give us all hope and a chance. You ridiculed and mocked him/her but now bask in the glory that is DACA. Jealousy is the most comment trait in the Hispanic community and I honestly feel as if we inherit it from our parents. Think about it, in our parent's (and ours) homeland the wealthy, successful, and intellectually superior are preyed upon by the rest rather than celebrated and respected. This is why the white race does not want us here; unlike our race they work together to achieve their goals, protect their rights, and stand up for one another when an injustice is brought to attention. Don't get me wrong I am proud to be Latino but we as a race need to evolve and adapt to a more civilized society. No more gang banging, no more High School dropouts, no more teenage pregnancies. Lets use these next 24 months to show this country that we belong here and that we WILL make a positive impact to society!

See, this is why I think a lot of people who qualified for DACA don't appreciate it as much as they would have if they had waited for 5 or 10 more years like I have. It's the "gimmie" generation. I'm not saying they don't deserve it because nobody should be in the situation we're in, but if you look at my posts since I've been a member here, I've always said that President Obama is the best chance we've had so far at getting any kind of immigration rulings passed.

Another thing I truly believe is that if you want to be a part of this country, you have to respect the institutions which includes the president. I didn't agree with many things President Bush did, but I always respected the office.

And then of course there is golden rule: Don't be an ungrateful bastard.

iazv8 11-13-2012 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamAman (Post 363964)
See, this is why I think a lot of people who qualified for DACA don't appreciate it as much as they would have if they had waited for 5 or 10 more years like I have. It's the "gimmie" generation. I'm not saying they don't deserve it because nobody should be in the situation we're in, but if you look at my posts since I've been a member here, I've always said that President Obama is the best chance we've had so far at getting any kind of immigration rulings passed.

Another thing I truly believe is that if you want to be a part of this country, you have to respect the institutions which includes the president. I didn't agree with many things President Bush did, but I always respected the office.

And then of course there is golden rule: Don't be an ungrateful bastard.

Completely agree with you sir. In one way or another am grateful for what I have gone through in life, I was 12 when I got here in 2000, so it has not been easy but we have made it one way or another. And even though I faced struggles and several breaking points in which I wondered if this was really worth as far as staying here rather than going back to Mexico, I realized that this passage in my life is what has made me who I am in life and would not change it for anything, since what's the fun in life with a few bumps in the road...