DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The News Room (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Trump suggests 2-phase immigration deal for 'Dreamers'. (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=80037)

libertarian1776 01-09-2018 02:43 PM

Trump suggests 2-phase immigration deal for 'Dreamers'.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Seeking a bipartisan compromise to avoid a government shutdown, President Donald Trump suggested Tuesday that an immigration deal could be reached in two phases — first by addressing young immigrants and border security with what he called a "bill of love," then by making comprehensive changes that have long eluded Congress.

Trump held a lengthy meeting with Republican and Democratic lawmakers seeking a solution for hundreds of thousands of young people who were brought to the U.S. illegally as children. Trump last year ended the Obama-era Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, which shielded more than 700,000 people from deportation and gave then the right to work legally in the country. He gave Congress until March to find a fix.

The president, congressional Republicans and Democrats expressed optimism for a deal just 10 days before a government shutdown deadline. Trump expressed a willingness to be flexible in finding an agreement.

"I think my positions are going to be what the people in this room come up with," Trump said during a Cabinet Room meeting with a bipartisan group of 20 lawmakers.
A group of journalists observed the meandering meeting for an extraordinary length of time — about 55 minutes — that involved Trump seeking input from Democrats and Republicans alike in a freewheeling exchange on the contentious issue.

Trump at one point suggested bringing back "earmarks," or money for pet projects requested by lawmakers, as a way to bring the two parties together and avoid divisions.

The president said he would insist on construction of a border security wall as part of an agreement involving young immigrants, but he said Congress could then pursue a comprehensive immigration overhaul in the second phase.

House Republicans said they planned to soon introduce legislation to address border security and the young immigrants. Trump said, "it should be a bill of love."

https://apnews.com/63df959272f94f908b7a27ba55553df9

libertarian1776 01-09-2018 02:45 PM

Re: Trump suggests 2-phase immigration deal for 'Dreamers'.

DACA + Border Sec first! GG!

Marco956 01-09-2018 02:46 PM

Pass the bill before i shit myself

IbelieveIcanFly 01-09-2018 02:47 PM

Approved signed done.

libertarian1776 01-09-2018 02:47 PM

The Bill of Love!!!

SEPT 06 01-09-2018 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by libertarian1776 (Post 666957)
The Bill of Love!!!

We got to wait two or three more days for this bill to come out!

Erik1421 01-09-2018 02:53 PM

The bill of consensual love

bettertomorrow1 01-09-2018 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco956 (Post 666954)
Pass the bill before i shit myself

You need to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles (:

If all this gets resolved and we get residency, come talk to me in a couple years when Im a PT. Ill help you out so you dont drop little snickers wherever you go (;

Alfredo93 01-09-2018 02:59 PM

I cannot believe what just happened. Trump said he wanted immigration reform after DACA. Not once but 6 times, the short amount of time I was watching.

fl_dreamer 01-09-2018 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfredo93 (Post 666973)
I cannot believe what just happened. Trump said he wanted immigration reform after DACA. Not once but 6 times, the short amount of time I was watching.

Probably got some last night. Wait 24-48 hours..will ask for a lung, kidney and other body parts if you are a woman, in exchange for CIR.