DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The News Room (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Alejandro Mayorkas to be tapped DHS Secretary (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=84654)

cpasd 11-23-2020 02:04 PM

Alejandro Mayorkas to be tapped DHS Secretary

Quote:

President-elect Joe Biden chose Alejandro Mayorkas on Monday to become the first immigrant and Latino to lead the Department of Homeland Security, which oversees immigration policy and border security among its vast portfolio.

He developed programs such as Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, a program that allowed the children of undocumented immigrants. President Donald Trump sought to overturn the program.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ty/6392845002/

frbc13 11-23-2020 02:11 PM

Re: Alejandro Mayorkas to be tapped DHS Secretary

"Too bad he won't be able to become DHS secretary because Trump is gonna be declared winner by the Supreme Court"

-Random Angry MAGA guy on Twitter

hDreamer1988 11-23-2020 02:26 PM

I am not sure how I feel about him considering how the Cuban community voted for Trump in Florida. He helped created daca but what is his stance and politics like now. I have seen a lot of people change political leanings this election.

cpasd 11-23-2020 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hDreamer1988 (Post 754135)
I am not sure how I feel about him considering how the Cuban community voted for Trump in Florida. He helped created daca but what is his stance and politics like now. I have seen a lot of people change political leanings this election.

Well they go through a vetting process so I highly doubt he shifted.

Ianus 11-23-2020 08:02 PM

A good choice, imo. Irrespective of background. He will be responsible for returning 2 years to Daca.

PapiChulo 11-23-2020 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frbc13 (Post 754133)
"too bad he won't be able to become dhs secretary because trump is gonna be declared winner by the supreme court"

-random angry maga guy on twitter

lmaoooooooo.

DreamerSD23 11-23-2020 11:13 PM

So the homeboy who spearheaded the creation of DACA is now in charge of reviving it?

Universe's arc really bends towards justice.

eva02 11-24-2020 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ianus (Post 754146)
A good choice, imo. Irrespective of background. He will be responsible for returning 2 years to Daca.

Would they just follow the courts recent order that overturned the wolf memo and restore daca?

Afridi786 11-24-2020 10:53 AM

Save us Alejandro!

MIdreamer 11-24-2020 01:13 PM

Alejandro will be 10X better than Chad.

john_smith 11-24-2020 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIdreamer (Post 754160)
Alejandro will be 10X better than Chad.

Chad is a rabid dog raised by wolfs but Alejandro is a Cuban raised at the high seas and knows how to captain a balsa

frbc13 11-24-2020 02:51 PM

When it's time to deport someone.... don't call my name don't call my name, Alejandro

dreamer12345 11-24-2020 08:18 PM

#Alex2024

Pianoswithoutfaith 11-24-2020 09:39 PM

where my MAGAS at?

2Face 11-24-2020 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianoswithoutfaith (Post 754172)
where my MAGAS at?

MAGA? What’s that? This is Lord Biden territory :mrgreen:

Pianoswithoutfaith 11-24-2020 09:45 PM

There he is!

dreamer12345 11-24-2020 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Face (Post 754174)
MAGA? What’s that? This is Lord Biden territory :mrgreen:

long may he reign!

Charolastra 11-28-2020 05:16 AM

This is very good. We like DACA, and life is better with it than without it.

But, it’s not enough.

We want to be citizens of the United States, and we cannot stop fighting for that. Not to mention our brethren not covered by DACA.

Le Petit Caporal was not satisfied with just Jena or Berlin, he marched all the way to Moscow knowing the risks. And although tragedy was the outcome, it did not matter in the end, because he strived for glory. Better to aim high and not reach, than to aim low and go about life as a morally defeated NPC.

hDreamer1988 11-29-2020 05:50 PM

Quote:

We want to be citizens of the United States, and we cannot stop fighting for that. Not to mention our brethren not covered by DACA
Honestly, I do not care about being a citizen, I just want to live my life without fear of deportation or losing my ability to work. Years of being in limbo have killed my desire for citizenship.

If congress can codify daca into law, then I would be happy.

Afridi786 11-30-2020 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hDreamer1988 (Post 754232)
Honestly, I do not care about being a citizen, I just want to live my life without fear of deportation or losing my ability to work. Years of being in limbo have killed my desire for citizenship.

Yep, I agree. I don't want to freak out every two years on whether I'll be able to work, it's awful for my health.

fl_dreamer 12-01-2020 01:50 PM

Quote:

That plus unrestricted international travel. Sign me up.

Nycgal111 12-02-2020 03:17 PM

Quote:

Same here, I don’t care. I just want peace of mind, being able to work and travel without fear and anxiety. Not having to worry about renewing my work permit every year. I wish they give us a like a 5 year work permit where you renew every 5 years but just pay more money. Renewing so often in short amount of times is just a cycle of worry and anxiety and stress.

VJB2 12-03-2020 10:08 PM

Same. I don’t care to be a citizen. If it happens, great, but I just don’t want to worry about losing status, my job, etc. anymore.