DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Planning a Trip to WA for Driver's license (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=11958)

Junnymonkey7 06-27-2009 01:18 PM

Planning a Trip to WA for Driver's license

Hey everyone, after reading about others getting a driver's license in WA, I've decided to make the trip to WA and get mine before the summer ends. I was wondering if anyone else wants to come with, I think it'd be easier to go as a group, and cheaper to split the fees.

Also, if anyone who has been there already it would be great if you can share your experience with us! if you have any info on how to get an address there, or any important info which the DMV asks please POST!!

any help would be greatly appreciated =D

If you r interested in coming along, please PM me !!

Shadow 06-27-2009 10:50 PM

Re: Planning a Trip to WA for Driver's license

I am waiting for the same answer, lol
I need to go very soon before my licence expires.
Thanks

unthinkable 06-27-2009 10:56 PM

I might go, what do we need to bring?

unthinkable 06-27-2009 11:12 PM

also, wouldn't this like not work, for example lets say you get pulled over by cops, it would like some real good explanations why you have a license from different state.

8-bitPanda 06-27-2009 11:18 PM

Dude, it's better than nothing...

Vinter 06-27-2009 11:27 PM

Just some quick tips for you guys:
1) Apply for an ID first. They will give you a temporary license.

2) For proof of residency, you will have to BRING ORIGINAL Bill. THEY WILL REFUSE the COPIED or PRINT OUT from the INTERNET. The bill should have ONLY YOUR NAME, otherwise, you will need 2 proofs. Quickest way, go to the internet and find out YOUR COMMUNITY in Seattle (Mexican, Chinese..) and look for ads and rooms for share. Tell them to order Cable/Internet/Phone using their name but tell them TO CHANGE THE BILLING INFORMATION. This way they are still responsible for the bill but the bill will sent it to your name.

3) Study the written test real hard. The test is easy but it asks for details, like how far away from the curb should you park your car. The test composes of 25 questions, got 20 and you pass. 25 dollars for written test which you can take it 2 times per fee.

4) Register to take a test in Bellevue since the road is bigger and the the staff is usually nicer. Bellevue is like Beverly Hills of CA. 20 dollars for each exam. Drive carefully. Take a driving school if you can. If you failed and under DA category - dangerous type, you WILL HAVE TO wait 3 WEEKS to retake the test again.

5) Enjoy Seattle. I love it very much!
Good Luck!

The only thing should you worry is how to get here safely. IF you brings proper documents, you WILL BE ABLE to get the ID and DL. Do not worry.

For all the documents you need, take a look at LIST B :
http://www.dol.wa.gov/driverslicense/idproof.html.

unthinkable 06-27-2009 11:44 PM

true, it is better than nothing.... (sigh...) i'll just suffer through little more and wait for DA/CIR

Vinter 06-27-2009 11:45 PM

Move to Seattle if you can. The place is fabulous. The cops in Seattle is NOT ALLOWED to question your immigration status, if I remember it correctly.

unthinkable 06-27-2009 11:55 PM

Easier said than done, i've never been outside my state, been living here for most of my life:(

Vinter 06-28-2009 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieola (Post 135089)
Easier said than done, i've never been outside my state, been living here for most of my life:(

I have been in the States for 5 years and a half, and guess what, I have been traveled from West to East. I have been living in California, Colorado, Texas, Virgina and now then Washington. I have learned a lot.
I live with my mom and she does not speak English.