DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Bridge/enlist/safe/RACA/ DREAM act thread updates. (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=75862)

libertarian1776 02-08-2017 05:49 AM

DREAM/RAC/HOPE/ENLIST/BRIDGE ACT's THREAD UPDATES.
 
S.1615 - DREAM Act 2017
A bill to authorize the cancellation of removal and adjustment of status of certain individuals who are long-term United States residents and who entered the United States as children and for other purposes.

Sponsor: Sen. Graham, Lindsey [R-SC]
Co-sponsors: 10 - BIPARTISAN

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...nate-bill/1615

H.R.3440 - DREAM Act 2017
To authorize the cancellation of removal and adjustment of status of certain individuals who are long-term United States residents and who entered the United States as children and for other purposes.

Sponsor: Rep. Roybal-Allard, Lucille [D-CA-40]
Co-sponsors: 200 - BIPARTISAN

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...ouse-bill/3440

H.R.1468 - Recognizing American Children Act (RACA)

To authorize the cancellation of removal and adjustment of status of certain aliens who are long-term United States residents and who entered the United States as children, and for other purposes.

Sponsor: Rep. Curbelo, Carlos [R-FL-26]
Co-sponsors: 35 (All Republicans)

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...ouse-bill/1468

S.1852 - SUCCEED ACT -
A bill to authorize the cancellation of removal and adjustment of status of certain aliens who are long-term United States residents and who entered the United States as children, and for other purposes.

Sponsor: James Lankford (R - Oklahoma)
Co-sponsors: 2

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...nate-bill/1852

H.R.3591 - HOPE ACT
To amend the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996 to permit States to determine State residency for higher education purposes and to authorize the cancellation of removal and adjustment of status of certain aliens who are United States residents and who entered the United States as children, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Luis Guttierrez (D)
Co-Sponsors: 156
- (All Democrats)

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...n%22%5D%7D&r=1

BRIDGE ACT H.R. 496 House of Representatives
A Bill
To provide provisional protected presence to qualified individuals who came to the United States as children.

Sponsor: Rep. Coffman, Mike (R-Colorado)

Co-sponsors: 31 - BIPARTISAN

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...t%22%5D%7D&r=1

BRIDGE ACT S.3542 United States Senate
A Bill
To provide provisional protected presence to qualified individuals who came to the United States as children.

Sponsor: Graham, Lindsey (R-South Carolina)

Co-sponsors: 9 - BIPARTISAN

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...t%22%5D%7D&r=2


ENLIST ACT H.R. 60 House of Representatives

A Bill
To authorize the enlistment in the Armed Forces of certain aliens who are unlawfully present in the United States and were younger than 15 years of age when they initially entered the United States, but who are otherwise qualified for enlistment, and to provide a mechanism by which such aliens, by reason of their honorable service in the Armed Forces, may be lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence.

Sponsor: Denham, Jeff (R-California)

Co-sponsors: 217 - BIPARTISAN
https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...T%22%5D%7D&r=3

SAFE ACT S.127 United States Senate
A Bill
To provide provisional protected presence to qualified individuals who came to the United States as children.

Sponsor: Flake, Jeff (R-Arizona)

Co-sponsors: None yet.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...T%22%5D%7D&r=3

AztecAztec 02-08-2017 06:19 AM

Re: Bridge/enlist/safe act thread updates.
 
Your bridge act links are wrong. You listed the 114th congress bills. We are in the 115th congress now, and bills from the 114th are already dead. Here are the re-introduced bill.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...t%22%5D%7D&r=1

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...t%22%5D%7D&r=2

libertarian1776 02-08-2017 06:25 AM

Re: Bridge/enlist/safe act thread updates.
 
my mistake, just edited it. thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by AztecAztec (Post 602365)
Your bridge act links are wrong. You listed the 114th congress bills. We are in the 115th congress now, and bills from the 114th are already dead. Here are the re-introduced bill.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...t%22%5D%7D&r=1

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...t%22%5D%7D&r=2


DD4S 02-08-2017 09:24 AM

Re: Bridge/enlist/safe act thread updates.
 
Good info! Thank you!

Carpenter86 02-08-2017 10:18 AM

Re: Bridge/enlist/safe act thread updates.
 
The Enlist Act is the one I see as the most possible to pass. If it does, and that's the only choice, I will go to Army as a Carpentry and Mansory Specialist, since I have experience in both of them. It would suck because I would take a 20k paid cut comparing to my job now.

The Brigde Act is not a pass to citizenship, but more people would benefit from it than the Enlist Act, plus it sort of gives hope for a broader reform in the future.

Or Trump could just grandfathered all of us in DACA and let status quo stays.

Let's see what the future holds for us.

jaylove16 02-08-2017 10:20 AM

Re: Bridge/enlist/safe act thread updates.
 
The enlist act won't pass the senate . It doesn't even have a senate version.

FLDreamerrr 02-08-2017 10:21 AM

Re: Bridge/enlist/safe act thread updates.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carpenter86 (Post 602383)
The Enlist Act is the one I see as the most possible to pass. If it does, and that's the only choice, I will go to Army as a Carpentry and Mansory Specialist, since I have experience in both of them. It would suck because I would take a 20k paid cut comparing to my job now.

The Brigde Act is not a pass to citizenship, but more people would benefit from it than the Enlist Act, plus it sort of gives hope for a broader reform in the future.

Or Trump could just grandfathered all of us in DACA and let status quo stays.

Let's see what the future holds for us.

But after 4 years you're in a permanent status and you come back and do what job you want

isk84life 02-08-2017 01:05 PM

Re: Bridge/enlist/safe act thread updates.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FLDreamerrr (Post 602385)
But after 4 years you're in a permanent status and you come back and do what job you want

That whole thing is ridiculous. You could die and you wouldn't even be a permanent resident yet.

neoair 02-08-2017 01:16 PM

Re: Bridge/enlist/safe act thread updates.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by isk84life (Post 602398)
That whole thing is ridiculous. You could die and you wouldn't even be a permanent resident yet.

True but that's the risk that some of us would take.

a.martin3z 02-08-2017 01:36 PM

Re: Bridge/enlist/safe act thread updates.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by neoair (Post 602401)
True but that's the risk that some of us would take.

I would certainly take the risk.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.