DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   "We received your correspondence for your I765" (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=36887)

4justice 01-10-2013 09:39 PM

"We received your correspondence for your I765"

Who has sent back their EAD for a typo and had this update change on their I-765? I know the update is normal but what I would like to know is about how long has this process taken until they sent you a new one, or how long has your case been back on Initial Review since the update? They received my correspondence on Dec. 27th. Good thing is that I'm approved though so I'm not TOO worried. I just need it back to get my license.

jra2279 01-11-2013 02:28 PM

Re: "We received your correspondence for your I765"

I am experiencing this as well. I was approved on 11/14/12 and received my EAD with birth date showing October 13th when it should have been October 31st. I sent my EAD back the day I received the email with the instructions which was 11/28/12. For some reason they didn't process my correspondence into their system until 12/11/12 and I am still under "initial review".

This is from the email with the instructions on sending it back:
"In response to your inquiry regarding a correction to a possible USCIS error on a EAD card issued, you must return the original EAD document/card with documentation/proof to verify the requested changes pertaining to this case to the office that worked the I-765. Please note that this will take approximately two months to correct or review. Upon review, if the card is correct as sent, the card will be remailed or if it is a USCIS error a corrected card will be made if the card hasn't expired."

I cannot believe that they are making me waste 2 months of my 2 year validation on my EAD. The typo is clearly their mistake as it is easy to mix up digits that are side by side. The sad thing about this is that I had called to correct this error as soon as I received my i-765 receipt with the same error on it. They gave me a reference number and everything and told me it would be corrected, but they did no such thing.

I see in your signature that you have a TX ID. How did you manage to obtain that? I think I remember reading a thread awhile back where someone managed to go to the SS office with the typo on their EAD but was still able to obtain their SS # and license because apparently their information was correct in the system.

4justice 01-11-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jra2279 (Post 408269)
I am experiencing this as well. I was approved on 11/14/12 and received my EAD with birth date showing October 13th when it should have been October 31st. I sent my EAD back the day I received the email with the instructions which was 11/28/12. For some reason they didn't process my correspondence into their system until 12/11/12 and I am still under "initial review".

This is from the email with the instructions on sending it back:
"In response to your inquiry regarding a correction to a possible USCIS error on a EAD card issued, you must return the original EAD document/card with documentation/proof to verify the requested changes pertaining to this case to the office that worked the I-765. Please note that this will take approximately two months to correct or review. Upon review, if the card is correct as sent, the card will be remailed or if it is a USCIS error a corrected card will be made if the card hasn't expired."

I cannot believe that they are making me waste 2 months of my 2 year validation on my EAD. The typo is clearly their mistake as it is easy to mix up digits that are side by side. The sad thing about this is that I had called to correct this error as soon as I received my i-765 receipt with the same error on it. They gave me a reference number and everything and told me it would be corrected, but they did no such thing.

I see in your signature that you have a TX ID. How did you manage to obtain that? I think I remember reading a thread awhile back where someone managed to go to the SS office with the typo on their EAD but was still able to obtain their SS # and license because apparently their information was correct in the system.

My typo was that they added my second last name in twice. I went to get my TX ID before I sent the EAD back. I told them about the mistake and they said it was fine, to just go back and correct it when I got my EAD back. I also have my SSN# already and the lady there was very nice and understanding. She said that they don't care about middle names so my SS card is correct. I'm thinking about going back to try and get my license without my EAD since they already have a copy of it in their system.

PedroG 01-12-2013 12:11 AM

I just got this same notification today. Sent my EAD with the typo on December 6th and it was delivered on December 12th but just now getting put into the system. It has been a nightmare. I really want to start working somewhere. If anyone finds out how long it should take to get the correct one please tell.

4justice 01-18-2013 07:27 PM

UPDATE

I originally received my card on 11/26/2012. That day I called USCIS because of a typo on my card. On 12/13/2012 I received an email to send the card back with the proper paperwork. On 12/27/2012 they sent me a text message that they had received my I765 correspondence. Yesterday my name was updated in their system, and today (1/18/2013) they have ordered production of my new card. My case was not expedited.

This should serve as a timeline for anyone whom has sent their card back or is planning on sending theirs back.

FaithInGod 01-19-2013 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4justice (Post 412065)
UPDATE

I originally received my card on 11/26/2012. That day I called USCIS because of a typo on my card. On 12/13/2012 I received an email to send the card back with the proper paperwork. On 12/27/2012 they sent me a text message that they had received my I765 correspondence. Yesterday my name was updated in their system, and today (1/18/2013) they have ordered production of my new card. My case was not expedited.

This should serve as a timeline for anyone whom has sent their card back or is planning on sending theirs back.

Thank you that really helped a lot.

PedroG 01-20-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4justice (Post 412065)
UPDATE

Wow thanks really helps. Just wish I could get it sooner. Been a little over a week but hoping to get it this month. Everyday is so painful as the 2 years has already started :(

4justice 01-20-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PedroG (Post 412754)
Wow thanks really helps. Just wish I could get it sooner. Been a little over a week but hoping to get it this month. Everyday is so painful as the 2 years has already started :(

Yeah but at least you know you're approved. THAT was the hard part. And don't worry about some time being lost, I'm sure you won't have a problem renewing it again after two years.

FaithInGod 01-20-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4justice (Post 412756)
Yeah but at least you know you're approved. THAT was the hard part. And don't worry about some time being lost, I'm sure you won't have a problem renewing it again after two years.

It's already been a month since I have been waiting for my new card.

saint seiya 01-20-2013 08:49 PM

when there is a typo do you guys have to pay the 465 again?