DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Question about the process for an initial request application (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=84919)

chi84no 05-02-2021 10:54 PM

Question about the process for an initial request application

Hi everyone
Does anyone know if USICS checks your paperwork in your package before they send you the biometrics appointment or after they get your finger prints? The reason im asking is i check my case online yesterday and it said the my biometrics have been scheduled and i was wondering if that meant that all the paperwork i sent was good .
Thanks

hDreamer1988 05-03-2021 12:30 AM

Re: Question about the process for an initial request application

I do not believe so, especially for an initial application. They schedule and then review your app.

Alfredo93 05-03-2021 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hDreamer1988 (Post 759930)
I do not believe so, especially for an initial application. They schedule and then review your app.

What? When I sent my application (First time) in Dec, I got a letter saying they were reviewing my case. Just on May 1st it was updated online (USCIS.gov) that they were sending a biometrics appointment.

hDreamer1988 05-03-2021 03:49 PM

My experience was nearly a decade ago, the process could have changed. They say that they are reviewing the case a lot so I don't know if that is true.

I know people who were asked to provide additional documents after doing the bio.

Alfredo93 05-03-2021 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hDreamer1988 (Post 759945)
My experience was nearly a decade ago, the process could have changed. They say that they are reviewing the case a lot so I don't know if that is true.

I know people who were asked to provide additional documents after doing the bio.

So from you experience, they sent you the biometrics first and THEN they reviewed your packet?

agoodperson 05-03-2021 08:20 PM

In general when you send your application, they do a “basic” review. That is to make sure the forms
Are all attached, signed, correct payment etc. This is just the first step. Once this is done and the check is cleared,
your bio appointment is scheduled. Once the bio is completed, your application is further reviewed. If additional
Information is needed, they will send an RFE (request for evidence). If they need, you should send it promptly. Once the review is successfully completed, you would be approved. Now this is just based on my understanding of the process. I’m not professing to be an expert here. Having said this, the processing time and approvals varies, Some people get approved very quickly, and others takes a while, even though their applications have no issues. Good luck with your application!

chi84no 05-04-2021 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agoodperson (Post 759953)
In general when you send your application, they do a “basic” review. That is to make sure the forms
Are all attached, signed, correct payment etc. This is just the first step. Once this is done and the check is cleared,
your bio appointment is scheduled. Once the bio is completed, your application is further reviewed. If additional
Information is needed, they will send an RFE (request for evidence). If they need, you should send it promptly. Once the review is successfully completed, you would be approved. Now this is just based on my understanding of the process. I’m not professing to be an expert here. Having said this, the processing time and approvals varies, Some people get approved very quickly, and others takes a while, even though their applications have no issues. Good luck with your application!

Thanks for the info.