DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   May Applicants (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=51036)

Ja5219 05-17-2013 02:46 PM

May Applicants

Well, I saw no topic.. I figured we should start one.. I'm sure there are a still a few out there that for whatever reason took this long.

Sent mine in today, shortly after 11am.
Certified Priority Mail.
Estimated Arrival date: 5/20, To Chicago from NC.

Why did i wait so long?
Being scared and honestly lazy.. I'm ashamed of that.
I could have filed last year but I wanted to make sure Obama would be reelected.
Once that occured, I started the process in January only to stop half-way (was missing more proof). Time flew by so fast, and add in a few sickness scares from my little sister and here we are.

However, I am glad its finally sent in.. we'll see how it goes.

Leeleex24 05-17-2013 02:48 PM

Re: May Applicants

Good luck!! Im sorry to hear about the delays, but its better late than never right!!

Ja5219 05-17-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leeleex24 (Post 476784)
Good luck!! Im sorry to hear about the delays, but its better late than never right!!

You're right! Thanks! Also i see you were just recently approved. So congratulations!
Already good vibes in this topic :)

C_chavez13 05-17-2013 03:16 PM

Good luck!

Leeleex24 05-17-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c_chavez13 (Post 476796)
good luck!

congratss!!

FloridaLoveBug 05-17-2013 11:29 PM

Well, looks like this will be my area too. I am going to send mine off on Monday hopefully. Just have to get my birth certificate translated.& try to find more proof of me being here since 2007. I never worked so I don't really have much proof from that. Good luck to everyone who will be joining us in this group!

sol7 05-18-2013 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ja5219 (Post 476782)
Well, I saw no topic.. I figured we should start one.. I'm sure there are a still a few out there that for whatever reason took this long.

Sent mine in today, shortly after 11am.
Certified Priority Mail.
Estimated Arrival date: 5/20, To Chicago from NC.

Why did i wait so long?
Being scared and honestly lazy.. I'm ashamed of that.
I could have filed last year but I wanted to make sure Obama would be reelected.
Once that occured, I started the process in January only to stop half-way (was missing more proof). Time flew by so fast, and add in a few sickness scares from my little sister and here we are.

However, I am glad its finally sent in.. we'll see how it goes.

I sent my on 5/11 and was received on 5/14. Now...just waiting :)

Netz 05-19-2013 09:36 AM

You're not alone on this :) I was also waiting for the results of the elections before starting the process. I started building my packet in January but a combination of work from school and unfortunately lazyness delayed me from doing this sooner. In late March I finally went to a lawyer to begin the process. It took a bit longer then I expected because I had to dig through every thing I had to find the most solid evidence possible.

Thankfully the first part is done and now just waiting on my letter for the biometrics.

Goodluck to you all and lets hope for a speedy approval for all of us :D

Netz 05-29-2013 12:11 AM

I got my biometrics letter on May 24th with a scheduled appointment for June 12. I went in today to the Gardena Center to do a walk in and it took me all but 15 minutes. Everyone there was really nice and helpful. Now its just a waiting game, hopefully everything goes well for me, and everyone else :D

Ja5219 06-05-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Netz (Post 481860)
I got my biometrics letter on May 24th with a scheduled appointment for June 12. I went in today to the Gardena Center to do a walk in and it took me all but 15 minutes. Everyone there was really nice and helpful. Now its just a waiting game, hopefully everything goes well for me, and everyone else :D

Awesome! I really hope this speeds up the process for you.
I'm unsure if i should do a walk in once i get my biometrics letter. The place I would go to would be Charlotte and while I've heard some have been able to walk in just fine.. it is almost an hour drive away from where I live. I'd hate to take the trip only to not be allowed a walk in. So not sure yet...

I've updated my sig with email/receipt confirmations just waiting on my Bio letter.

Btw, has anyone that sent in their packet in May already able to view your case status on the USCIS website? I've got my case number but I still get Case not found on the website.