DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   Taking Action (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   On Alabama: Nationwide Call to Action for Dreamers (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=22057)

Boulevard 06-11-2011 01:23 AM

On Alabama: Nationwide Call to Action for Dreamers

Hello everyone,

With the harsh state law that Alabama recently ratified, conducting a grassroots campaign to change hearts and minds in support of the DREAM Act is useless. We have done our part for over ten years. Obama needs to show his leadership on CIR and pressure for the passage of such a bill ASAP. If he doesn't take concrete action within the next week or so. I say that DREAMERS should mobilize nationwide to PRESSURE the hell out of Obama to act now. This is absolutely unacceptable. His a** needs to act. No more waiting.

In terms of strategies of pressure, all I can think of is a nationwide fasting, but that maybe too extreme. Any suggestions?

Boulevard 06-11-2011 01:39 AM

Re: On Alabama: Nationwide Call to Action for Dreamers

Yes. His last action was all rhetoric. That's what it has been. I would be willing to fast or even be crucified infront of the white house. This sh** is unacceptable. Again, ATTENTION DREAMERS. IF OBAMA DOES NOT ACT IN THE NEXT WEEK OR SO. WE NEED TO PRESSURE THE HELL OUT OF HIM TO ACT. WAITING CAN NO LONGER BE TOLERATED.

LifeDreamer 06-11-2011 01:41 AM

I with you Boulevard.. Just waiting for the call to action..

Boulevard 06-11-2011 01:45 AM

Any ideas anyone?. . . . DREAM Activist.org/ United We Dream / Dream Act Portal leaders . . .where are you?

LifeDreamer 06-11-2011 01:48 AM

I don't belong to any organization you will find that with almost everybody on here.. But I would join..

Boulevard 06-11-2011 01:55 AM

I will see if I can get a hold of the guy from Dreamactivist.org.

Happygolucky 06-11-2011 01:56 AM

What about a boycott? It was attempted back in 2006 to very minimal results. So, we need to put lots of effort into not buying any products and services the day we chose to do it and have our sympathizers do the same. We need to make a dent where it hurts politicians, the economy. I don't know if we have the numbers to do any meaningful damage though....

Boulevard 06-11-2011 02:08 AM

Could work. Anything that is up in your face protests, sit-ins, fasting --all that grimy stuff. No phone calls/no letters. That can be ignored.

By any chance in hell, does anyone have direct contact with Rep. Gutierrez? He would be perfect for this. His sponsorship on this nationwide call would be vital.

mikesandy 06-11-2011 09:20 PM

This will be ruled as unconstitutional. Hopefully a higher authority can override Alabama's decision. But this is more than just about immigration, this is clearly racism and old ideologies which rear its head, yet again.

Boulevard 06-12-2011 01:07 AM

True. But, this has to stop, and Obama needs to act.