DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   Other Topics (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Do you hate... (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=36048)

Anonymous2 12-19-2012 01:55 AM

Do you hate...

when someone white tries to talk to you in Spanish when you obviously speak English..if this has happen to you explain your experience. I saw it happen at a restaurant not to me personally

danieltij 12-19-2012 02:34 AM

Re: Do you hate...

I just answer back in english, but I dont mind

cacheton011 12-19-2012 02:56 AM

I don't blame them....especially when they see the big ass NOPAL on my forehead.

lilz07 12-19-2012 03:54 AM

Thats funny because it happened to me this last weekend. I went to CVS to buy some NyQuil and I guess they ID you so she asked me for ID in English and I gave her my matricula. After that she started talking to me in spanish lol.. I don't mind, I usually just answer back in English.

Smooth 12-19-2012 04:03 AM

I don't mind. I just say "Que onda pinche paisa! Que pecks?"

MIdreamer 12-19-2012 04:04 AM

People always assume Asian people don't speak English for some reason. People would ask me if I speak English sometime and they were like "OMG, your English is so good". I have been speaking English for the past 10 years, of course I'm good....

Anonymous2 12-19-2012 04:26 AM

Lol ppl are so stereotypical

g33k 12-19-2012 04:55 AM

My experience is the other way around. I am mexican and speak perfect spanish. I work at a liquor store. There was one time when an old mexican guy came in the store. He came in to buy lottery scratches. The damn old guy was talking to me in english and I didn't understand crap as to what he was saying. I was talking to him in spanish but he kept talking in his own interpretation of english. He even got mad because I wouldn't understand his english. At that point, I was so mad and frustrated that I told him off. I told him in spanish, ”Hableme en español porque no le entiendo su pinche inglés.” Meaning...Talk to me in spanish because I don't understand your fucking english. He started cursing me. I did the same then kicked him out of the store.

Smooth 12-19-2012 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g33k (Post 396219)
My experience is the other way around. I am mexican and speak perfect spanish. I work at a liquor store. There was one time when an old mexican guy came in the store. He came in to buy lottery scratches. The damn old guy was talking to me in english and I didn't understand crap as to what he was saying. I was talking to him in spanish but he kept talking in his own interpretation of english. He even got mad because I wouldn't understand his english. At that point, I was so mad and frustrated that I told him off. I told him in spanish, ”Hableme en español porque no le entiendo su pinche inglés.” Meaning...Talk to me in spanish because I don't understand your fucking english. He started cursing me. I did the same then kicked him out of the store.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wooooooo hoo! Chuuuuuuuuuuullllllllllaaaaaaddddddddddaaaaaaaaa de carbon Pero chulllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaadddddddda.

Charolastra 12-19-2012 06:24 AM

Maybe they're taking Spanish classes and are trying to practice their skills.