DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   The Vermont Support Center Thread (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=31133)

tommydreamer 09-10-2012 03:45 PM

Re: The Vermont Support Center Thread

I make two weeks Thursday or Friday if you take labor day as a holiday... I'm super excited.. I'm surprised that the first approval wasn't Vermont since they're on top of their game..

arclite 09-10-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hooligan111988 (Post 297392)
i have my biometrics appointment on friday.... o man if what i read is true...i will be approved in two weeks!!!

Mine is on the 19th. I feel very happy knowing that everything could get approved before my birthday.

mayrac07 09-10-2012 10:16 PM

Got biometrics appointment today :)

Tortoise77 09-10-2012 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayrac07 (Post 297812)
Got biometrics appointment today :)

Our timelines are almost the same! Glad you got your biometrics! Im in NJ and i was hoping to get my biometrics today :/. I really hope i get it this week.

mayrac07 09-11-2012 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tortoise77 (Post 297818)
Our timelines are almost the same! Glad you got your biometrics! Im in NJ and i was hoping to get my biometrics today :/. I really hope i get it this week.

I'm sure you'll get them today if not tomorrow. I live right by the interstate (I can walk to I40) so I get mail fast. I order contacts that say they'll get here in 5 to 7 business days and i get them on the 3rd business day. hoping you get yours soon :smile:

tommydreamer 09-12-2012 11:37 PM

Nothing for Vermont today?

tf2legend 09-13-2012 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommydreamer (Post 296664)
I just seriously doubt it'll take that long.. maybe it's just denial on my part but.. it's a simple applicationand they've hired resources particularly for this... I've had an ead in the past and a clean record what can possibly take 7-9 months?

How can it take 7-9 months if people are already approved in three weeks time?

tommydreamer 09-13-2012 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tf2legend (Post 299958)
How can it take 7-9 months if people are already approved in three weeks time?

This was prior to that occurrence. DHS shared with AILA that their internal goal for DACA was 4-6 months.

GNIGHT 09-13-2012 12:45 AM

Recieved my biometrics appointment today Sep. 12 for Oct. 03.. Vermont Center... Will attempt a walk in this week.

MDxOD 09-13-2012 12:55 AM

Hmm, yeah it seems like the dates are pushing into october now. My application should get to the chicago office later today and im expecting some notification by mid next week. So im assuming that when i get a biometrics letter, it will be pushing late october/november, so ill definitely attempt a walk in.

I initially thought that they do biometrics then do a more rigorous review of your application....but it seems as though walkins have gotten some type of update for EAD production about a week later. So im assuming that most of the review of the application is being done BEFORE the biometrics (therefore leaving biometrics as one of the last steps in this process). I may be wrong or this might change, but it seems to be a consistent theory given the timelines i see on here.