DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   DACA application mistake (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=55720)

jayz10 06-07-2013 03:32 PM

DACA application mistake
 
i messed up in my application and put my moms last name of her familys side and my dads last name even though they're not divorced or anything.. now i have two last names on my ead and S.S. -__- should i get this fixed? or i should be fine?

on another note, can i try getting a credit card with my social? i tried applying for credit but so far failed..

greentea 06-07-2013 03:44 PM

Re: DACA application mistake
 
Try building up credit first (if its nonexistent) with a secured credit card from Bank of America.. just cash up $300 (its yours, just they hold it for you).

Also, first time applying? you're probably not in credit bureaus' database yet..

jayz10 06-07-2013 03:50 PM

Re: DACA application mistake
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by greentea (Post 485821)
Try building up credit first (if its nonexistent) with a secured credit card from Bank of America.. just cash up $300 (its yours, just they hold it for you).

Also, first time applying? you're probably not in credit bureaus' database yet..

i dont think i am cause it said my social was non existent or something like that...how do i fix that?

bertdude7 06-07-2013 04:04 PM

Re: DACA application mistake
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jayz10 (Post 485823)
i dont think i am cause it said my social was non existent or something like that...how do i fix that?

I m on the same boat as you, I recently applied for a credit card and was denied due to insufficient credit information or some bs like that. I think we just gotta wait for our social security numbers to sync in with their databases. I got mine back in March, so I m gonna wait until the end of the year to try again before I start calling people.

4justice 06-07-2013 04:41 PM

Re: DACA application mistake
 
They will not fix that. That's the way it's supposed to be. It is supposed to have both last names on there just like it shows up on your birth certificate. Even if you don't add it, they will add it for you.

greentea 06-07-2013 06:09 PM

Re: DACA application mistake
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jayz10 (Post 485823)
i dont think i am cause it said my social was non existent or something like that...how do i fix that?

I actually encountered that problem.. I went to my bank and asked them to sync my name to my social security number. That's also how I found out how to build credit without a credit history.

Having a cosigner/guarantor actually doesn't fix your credit, cause its linked to theirs(guarantors) instead.

Pianoswithoutfaith 06-07-2013 09:19 PM

Re: DACA application mistake
 
Take 2k to your bank ask for a credit card and tell them to use that money you just put in as collateral. Then go to another bank. Put those 2k you just got and ask for a credit card/ loan for 2k and do it again as collateral. This is the fastest way to build credit if you're starting from the ground up. The trick is remembering to pay on time and not lose track of this.


Use credit to buy small things and pay them fast which shouldn't be a problem. Actually use your credit but don't miss payments. People recommend to buy only large things with credit but that's kinda of dumb if you're just starting out. Being able to pay 5.99 is easier than a tv for 499.99. And do it before interest come up.


When I managed to build my credit. I got a credit card from newegg and would buy people computers using it. They'd want me to take one on credit and they would pay me monthly since if was 6 months no interest. Limit was 2500. I build my credit super fast like that. And by fast I mean 2 years.

jayz10 06-08-2013 10:24 AM

Re: DACA application mistake
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4justice (Post 485836)
They will not fix that. That's the way it's supposed to be. It is supposed to have both last names on there just like it shows up on your birth certificate. Even if you don't add it, they will add it for you.

so im not the only one with two last names? lol it just doesnt make sense and its annoying. my moms last name shouldnt even be alive anymore. only my dads should count.

jayz10 06-08-2013 10:27 AM

Re: DACA application mistake
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianoswithoutfaith (Post 485924)
Take 2k to your bank ask for a credit card and tell them to use that money you just put in as collateral. Then go to another bank. Put those 2k you just got and ask for a credit card/ loan for 2k and do it again as collateral. This is the fastest way to build credit if you're starting from the ground up. The trick is remembering to pay on time and not lose track of this.


Use credit to buy small things and pay them fast which shouldn't be a problem. Actually use your credit but don't miss payments. People recommend to buy only large things with credit but that's kinda of dumb if you're just starting out. Being able to pay 5.99 is easier than a tv for 499.99. And do it before interest come up.


When I managed to build my credit. I got a credit card from newegg and would buy people computers using it. They'd want me to take one on credit and they would pay me monthly since if was 6 months no interest. Limit was 2500. I build my credit super fast like that. And by fast I mean 2 years.

i hate credit. but one must have it to live now a days

4justice 06-08-2013 11:35 AM

Re: DACA application mistake
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jayz10 (Post 486066)
so im not the only one with two last names? lol it just doesnt make sense and its annoying. my moms last name shouldnt even be alive anymore. only my dads should count.

And that would be the case had we been born in the US, but we weren't.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.