DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Traveling in a domestic flight with a passport. (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=27290)

AleDreamer 04-24-2012 02:47 PM

Traveling in a domestic flight with a passport.

Hi Everyone!!

I have a question regarding traveling in a domestic flight.
I live in Maryland where we are allowed to get licenses (were actually), I have a dl but it specifies not for
federal purposes which includes not being able to fly.

I was wondering if anyone has had an experience traveling with a passport for their country that has no visa.

Honestly I would like to think that I won't have a problem and just take the risk, but I have a lot of doubt.

If anyone has taking a domestic plane with their passport or any other experiences, I would be glad to hear from you guys.

On another note! I will be graduating next month with my bachelors! I would like to say If I could, anyone can!

Thanks
AleDreamer

MIdreamer 04-24-2012 07:41 PM

Re: Traveling in a domestic flight with a passport.

I flew many times with my passport, didn't have any problems at all. I just open the back page of my passport and hand it to the agent. All he/she checks is your name on the passport and your airplane ticket.

Baneling 04-24-2012 08:30 PM

Flew twice with a passport. They just look at your picture and name so it matches the one on the ticket. Just have that page open with the ticket on it.

GodsHandsAreOnMe 06-19-2012 05:04 PM

My boyfriend just purchased our tickets to ATL from NY and he accidentally left out my middle name which is on my passport.....does anyone think they will give me a problem If my ticket just has first and last name on it?

gsb89 06-19-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GodsHandsAreOnMe (Post 261845)
My boyfriend just purchased our tickets to ATL from NY and he accidentally left out my middle name which is on my passport.....does anyone think they will give me a problem If my ticket just has first and last name on it?

Better be safe than sorry! I say make sure your ticket matches word by word with your passport information! You don't want them to be going through your passport! Just sort it out.

GodsHandsAreOnMe 06-19-2012 08:58 PM

Ok...thank you!!

DreamBaybeh 06-19-2012 09:24 PM

Does it matter what airport we go through? I've heard that in smaller, less busy airports they're more likely to check the page with your visa on it (because they have more time, etc).

chiquilla 06-20-2012 01:55 AM

I have HEARD its safer to travel (during busy holidays) from small airports that offer only domestic flights. To me, it makes sense, since the bigger airports that offer international flights have a u.s. customs office.

DreamBaybeh 06-20-2012 02:52 AM

Yeah it's definitely safer during busy holidays because they're more likely to just check your name and let you go.

GodsHandsAreOnMe 06-20-2012 06:20 AM

Well I'm traveling via JFK airport so I guess there is some risk involved but this trip to ATL is important.... I hope my Jamaican passport will be just fine. I am going to call and have them put a note in their system about my middle name. My flight is on the 6th of July....I will keep you guys posted on how the flight is going and coming.