DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   3 and 10 year ban if we leave the country (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=84656)

IbelieveIcanFly 12-02-2020 02:40 PM

3 and 10 year ban if we leave the country

Brothers and sisters - I was wondering if there's way to avoid the reentry bar for DACA people who travelled under advanced parole. I didn't get DACA until I was 22, meaning that I had accrued 4 years of unlawful presence prior to DACA (so technically I'm subject to 10 year reentry bar). I took a visit to attend a sick relative several years ago with AP and came back.

Now I'm considering voluntarily leaving the country (maybe) and work somewhere else but might need a way to come back for work related visits. Any thoughts on possible resolutions? This is really bothering me =(

CUSenior 12-02-2020 03:09 PM

Re: 3 and 10 year ban if we leave the country

There is no way to avoid the 10 year ban. Unless your absence would cause a significant hardship to a US citizen. Otherwise, it’s unavoidable. Why would you wanna be in this pathetic piece of shit country anyway?

IbelieveIcanFly 12-02-2020 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CUSenior (Post 754255)
There is no way to avoid the 10 year ban. Unless your absence would cause a significant hardship to a US citizen. Otherwise, it’s unavoidable. Why would you wanna be in this pathetic piece of shit country anyway?

Sigh, not that I care so much about returning. I'm just pretty sure that my future job elsewhere (if i decide to leave US) would need me to travel back to the US for business trips whatsoever.

CUSenior 12-02-2020 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IbelieveIcanFly (Post 754265)
Sigh, not that I care so much about returning. I'm just pretty sure that my future job elsewhere (if i decide to leave US) would need me to travel back to the US for business trips whatsoever.

There’s zoom now lol.

FLDreamerrr 12-03-2020 02:42 AM

Advance parole

Swim19 12-03-2020 10:02 AM

There is a non-immigrant visa waiver you can apply for:

https://dyanwilliamslaw.com/2016/03/...disadvantages/

The chances of the waiver being approved increase the longer you have been living outside the US .

powerfitness 12-08-2020 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IbelieveIcanFly (Post 754254)
Brothers and sisters - I was wondering if there's way to avoid the reentry bar for DACA people who travelled under advanced parole. I didn't get DACA until I was 22, meaning that I had accrued 4 years of unlawful presence prior to DACA (so technically I'm subject to 10 year reentry bar). I took a visit to attend a sick relative several years ago with AP and came back.

Now I'm considering voluntarily leaving the country (maybe) and work somewhere else but might need a way to come back for work related visits. Any thoughts on possible resolutions? This is really bothering me =(

I'm sure you saw the news released yesterday. Advanced Parole is back!

Tacvbo 12-10-2020 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by powerfitness (Post 754382)
I'm sure you saw the news released yesterday. Advanced Parole is back!

I don't think you're understanding this correctly. She already traveled with AP but according to her, it would still trigger the 10 year ban.

Tacvbo 12-10-2020 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swim19 (Post 754296)
There is a non-immigrant visa waiver you can apply for:

https://dyanwilliamslaw.com/2016/03/...disadvantages/

The chances of the waiver being approved increase the longer you have been living outside the US .

I think I learned something new today. So, you're saying that even after she traveled with AP and came back, she's not automatically granted I-94? Doesn't automatically grant her legal entry proof into the country?

Tacvbo 12-10-2020 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IbelieveIcanFly (Post 754254)

But don't you get I-94 when you return? I thought that was one of the main reasons DACA recipients travelled with AP.