DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Flew Jetblue from NYC to West Palm Beach Int'l (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=20800)

chopstix 03-24-2011 02:53 PM

Flew Jetblue from NYC to West Palm Beach Int'l

I took a plane from Laguardia Airport NYC to West Palm International
from 19th - 23rd with just a Korean passport. TSA agent didn't bother to flip over to different pages other than the Photo ID page. While I was down there I met up with an immigration lawer about my marriage process. While in conversation she told me she is working on a case where a portuguese man got snatched by an ICE and now in a process of a deportation. She told me a reason he got snatched is because believe it or not, a ticketing agent questioned him if he had a proper documentation for being in the states, and he couldn't asnwer him. So the ticketing agent ratted him out to ICE agents working near premise and arrested him. effing crazy world we living in.

PS. if you are planning to fly, just act cool and try to get there during the busiest hour.

manindark 03-24-2011 03:01 PM

Re: Flew Jetblue from NYC to West Palm Beach Int'l

Quote:

Originally Posted by chopstix (Post 213269)
from 19th - 23rd with just a Korean passport. TSA agent didn't bother to flip over to different pages other than the Photo ID page. While I was down there I met up with an immigration lawer about my marriage process. While in conversation she told me she is working on a case where a portuguese man got snatched by an ICE and now in a process of a deportation. She told me a reason he got snatched is because believe it or not, a ticketing agent questioned him if he had a proper documentation for being in the states, and he couldn't asnwer him. So the ticketing agent ratted him out to ICE agents working near premise and arrested him. effing crazy world we living in.

PS. if you are planning to fly, just act cool and try to get there during the busiest hour.

a ticketing agent? wtf??? :shock:

chopstix 03-24-2011 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manindark (Post 213270)
a ticketing agent? wtf??? :shock:

yea, we are now officially getting butt fked by the ticketing agents too. oh yea i forgot to say it was at the West Palm AMTRACK Station.

Dreamer X 03-24-2011 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chopstix (Post 213269)

or just try to use the machines where you can get you to get your boarding pass. just have your confirmation number. it's so much quicker.

minus 03-25-2011 08:10 PM

damn...!! I thought it was ok to travel.

Carter86 03-25-2011 08:32 PM

a ticketing agent???? wow... I never thought about that.

2Face 03-26-2011 09:42 PM

That is crazy. I've traveled through Amtrak and used the ticketing agents at Penn Station for a long time now. It's better to just get your ticket at the machine using the bar code scanner.

IceCreamPony 03-26-2011 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreamer X (Post 213302)
or just try to use the machines where you can get you to get your boarding pass. just have your confirmation number. it's so much quicker.

What is this machine fuckery? Do you avoid the TSA agents if you do this?

NK74 03-27-2011 12:58 AM

Fuck. I wanted to get a train in order to travel to guess where... West Palm Beach!

PTWB 03-27-2011 01:43 AM

I remember sometime last year I had to talk to a ticketing agent and customer service people at an Amtrak station because I missed my train. No one gave me beefs about it, and the customer service there put me on the next available train. Stories like that of the Portuguese man has been making me wonder if those are one of the unlucky cases or stories like mine are one of the lucky cases. On a side note, I'm pretty sure I know what Pascal would say.