DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   Taking Action (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   To thank Piolin or Not to thank him (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=10730)

Blue12 05-07-2009 07:23 PM

To thank Piolin or Not to thank him

Hello Dreamers,

Earlier today President Barack Obama spoke with Piolin Sotelo on immigration reform (See Obama on Piolin on newsroom in this portal) and for most of the show Piolin did its best in informing the audience in this hot button issue.

Piolin talked about how he almost had an orgasm when he met President Obama. (just kidding) Obama saluted Piolin as his "Compadre" and they began to talk on immigration reform for the millions of undocumented people living in this country. (which is also our contry)

After that they talked about the Dream Act towards half of the show and i have to say i was surprised on how informative Piolin was on this bill for someone who doesn't really have an educative background.

I wasn't expecting him to bring up the subject since they didn't even mention (well they might have sporadicly) the Dream Act when it was being promoted during the Bush Administration years.

With this said and knowing the type of program Piolin puts in his radio show i ask this should we thank or not thank this man? I'll leave the answer up to the people who's answer matters most. Thank you for your time Blue 12

Youguysareawesome 05-07-2009 07:39 PM

Re: To thank Piolin or Not to thank him

Yes, because we aren't his target audience, they care more about CIR. I don't speak Spanish so I'd like to thank him but don't know how or where.

Blue12 05-07-2009 08:30 PM

His radio show is on "La Nueva 101.9" stationed in Los Angeles and you can call KMEX for more info.

j1885 05-07-2009 08:34 PM

Yes, he deserves our thanks for helping us promote the Dream Act 2009.

tiger66 05-08-2009 12:42 AM

i think everyone who supports us and knows about us should get a thank you. once this passes.

i know people that offer me rides and stuff, they know about my situation and they are helping with what they can. of course there are bigger people out there.

but i will make sure that once this passes i will thank everyone who helped

from the members of congress to my friends and neighbors.

Alex 05-08-2009 01:25 PM

to the people that are helping you right now, thank them regardless if dream passes or not.

OptimistinDenial 05-08-2009 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex (Post 128194)
to the people that are helping you right now, thank them regardless if dream passes or not.

What Alex said.

Once DA passes, we can think of a more solid way to thank people other than an abstract thank. Alcohol is a good after DA thank.

Mostly, admit to them, that you are the great person you are partly because of them. The self-made success is a myth. Great people had a great support team and those who do not admit it are just ungrateful. That is also a good way to thank.

tiger66 05-08-2009 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OptimistinDenial (Post 128204)
What Alex said.

Once DA passes, we can think of a more solid way to thank people other than an abstract thank. Alcohol is a good after DA thank.

Mostly, admit to them, that you are the great person you are partly because of them. The self-made success is a myth. Great people had a great support team and those who do not admit it are just ungrateful. That is also a good way to thank.

yeah thats what i meant. of course you say thank you everyday.
but it would be a more formal and special thing once DREAM passes.
and plus you will have more resources to say thank you once DREAM passes.

Alex 05-08-2009 03:19 PM

most importantly, we would be free to make more moves and be more open with our ideas. its not easy to do much when you are handcuffed.

my idea is to go in front of the white house, holding banners that say thanks; amongst other things.

ehfornue 05-09-2009 12:02 PM

I'm thinking of wearing a "Man-Thong" and washing the Presidents Cadillac limo after DA passes...:-P