DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   DACA to AOS (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=73968)

ap1231 07-21-2016 09:07 AM

DACA to AOS

Hello fellow dreamers

Creating this topic as I could not find anything related in the Lounge.

My AOS application (married to USC) was submitted on June 20, and I have completed my biometrics for it yesterday. I also asked my lawyer approximately how long does it take to receive the EAD; he said approx 60 days after the bio (unless they dont send another one since I have one now from DACA) --these are his words.

Another thing, I had submitted my DACA renewal packet end of May, and so far, I have only received the Notice of Action notices (via email, not in the mail). For my last renewal, I had received the biometrics within a month, and right now, it has been more than a month since I submitted the app for DACA renewal, and no biometrics appointment letter has been received.

So my question is: will USCIS still issue me a new work permit even though I still have one? (from DACA) My current one expires mid-Sept 2016, and I have already received an email from HR to send them a copy of the new card as soon as possible.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Osito 07-21-2016 11:32 AM

Re: DACA to AOS

yes you will get a new one for your AOS. It should also come with AP if your lawyer knows what they're doing but it doesn't sound like they do so who knows.

ejhrj 07-21-2016 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ap1231 (Post 571702)
Hello fellow dreamers

My AOS application (married to USC) was submitted on June 20, and have completed my biometrics for it yesterday. I also asked my lawyer approximately how long does it take to receive the EAD; he said approx 60 days after the bio (unless they dont send another one since I have one now from DACA) --these are his words.

Another thing, I had submitted my DACA renewal packet end of May, and so far, I have only received the Notice of Action notices (via email, not in the mail). For my last renewal, I had received the biometrics within a month, and right now, it has been more than a month since I submitted the app for DACA renewal, and no biometrics appointment letter has been received.

So my question is: will USCIS still issue me a new work permit even though I still have one? (from DACA) My current one expires mid-Sept 2016, and I have already received an email from HR to send them a copy of the new card as soon as possible.

Thank you

I got a new EAD, then got an AP document & then my Green Card. The EAD & AP came separate.

Good luck! :)

IndianDreamer 07-21-2016 12:14 PM

My Case is pretty much the same as yours. My AoS application should be getting submitted by end of next week. I have my second appointment with the lawyer tomorrow. According to my lawyer you should only get one biometrics appointment which will be used for your AoS as well as your work permit while your AoS application is in process.

I submitted my DACA renewal on June 30 and received Notice of Action in mail but no biometrics yet.

I had also asked my lawyer whether I will receive a second work permit through AoS even though I have one through DACA and according to him since they're both for separate cases I will receive a second work permit which is valid for one year. I will be getting AP along with work permit through AoS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ap1231 (Post 571702)
Hello fellow dreamers

My AOS application (married to USC) was submitted on June 20, and have completed my biometrics for it yesterday. I also asked my lawyer approximately how long does it take to receive the EAD; he said approx 60 days after the bio (unless they dont send another one since I have one now from DACA) --these are his words.

Thank you

Malign0n 07-21-2016 01:29 PM

If your lawyer sent the application for a new EAD then you will get a new EAD that is good for a year.

ap1231 07-21-2016 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ejhrj (Post 571707)
I got a new EAD, then got an AP document & then my Green Card. The EAD & AP came separate.

Good luck! :)

How long did it take for you to receive the EAD after doing your biometrics? And how long till interview?

ap1231 07-21-2016 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndianDreamer (Post 571708)
My Case is pretty much the same as yours. My AoS application should be getting submitted by end of next week. I have my second appointment with the lawyer tomorrow. According to my lawyer you should only get one biometrics appointment which will be used for your AoS as well as your work permit while your AoS application is in process.

I submitted my DACA renewal on June 30 and received Notice of Action in mail but no biometrics yet.

I had also asked my lawyer whether I will receive a second work permit through AoS even though I have one through DACA and according to him since they're both for separate cases I will receive a second work permit which is valid for one year. I will be getting AP along with work permit through AoS.

Gotcha, okay so it looks like we will be receiving an EAD from the AOS application. My lawyer said that we didnt apply for AP since I had unlawful presence before DACA (I am a visa overstay), but I was not planning on travelling until I get my greencard anyway, so thats not an issue.

Thank you for your help :)

ap1231 07-21-2016 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malign0n (Post 571712)
If your lawyer sent the application for a new EAD then you will get a new EAD that is good for a year.

Yeah, just waiting for the EAD approval now...hopefully it gets approved soon.

Thanks

Pianoswithoutfaith 07-21-2016 02:15 PM

Glad to hear another success story adjusting status! 2Face and Chyno are dying inside knowing fellow users here are moving up the ladder of adjusting because Trump isnt stopping them fast enough

ap1231 07-21-2016 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianoswithoutfaith (Post 571716)
Glad to hear another success story adjusting status! 2Face and Chyno are dying inside knowing fellow users here are moving up the ladder of adjusting because Trump isnt stopping them fast enough

Its okay. I wont forget my fellow dreamers though. I have already convinced my citizen family and friends to vote democrat. The journey doesnt end until all of us become citizens :)