DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   New Members (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   What is up, Dreamers- My Story (brief) (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=10677)

El Dude 05-03-2009 12:47 PM

What is up, Dreamers- My Story (brief)

Well, I have been observing the DreamAct form for awhile and just now got around to signing up, like the rest of you I am also a Dreamer. I have been living here for 22years, since 3 years old, hoping that one day things would change. I’ve passed high school and currently enrolled in some college courses, I’m married to a US citizen and for reals i’ve been here so long that my Spanish is starting to fade away oh ya and I look straight up white, no one can ever guess I was of Hispanic origin, or let alone question my status. My Dream is to complete a Computer Science degree and become a contributing tax paying member of society. If the dream act would have been passed years ago I would have definitely joined the military however things have changed and now i just want to provide for my future family.

:-P

Youguysareawesome 05-07-2009 12:27 AM

Re: What is up, Dreamers- My Story (brief)

Welcome! Stick around

angelina 05-07-2009 09:41 AM

if you're married to a citizen then you should file for papers with her?

El Dude 05-08-2009 02:50 PM

Unfortunately it’s not that simple, we have see a lawyer and I would have to leave the country for about a year, attempt to reenter lawfully and file pardon for entering the country illegally as a child (as if I had a choice) additionally there would be no guarantee that I would be granted the pardon could face the possibility of been barred from reentry for 5-10 years, that is a risk I cannot take, what would I do in Mexico for 5-10 years? The only home I know is the United States also because we don’t have children my hardship case does not have much weight and I denounce the idea of bringing a child into this world so that I may get my papers.

I my wife and I have made the decision and see how thing play out with the current administration everything is looking good and I have high hopes that some reform will be put in place. Also, I have actually been monitoring the dream act for some time before I got married.

Hopefully all ends well

angelina 05-11-2009 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Dude (Post 128199)
Unfortunately it’s not that simple, we have see a lawyer and I would have to leave the country for about a year, attempt to reenter lawfully and file pardon for entering the country illegally as a child (as if I had a choice) additionally there would be no guarantee that I would be granted the pardon could face the possibility of been barred from reentry for 5-10 years, that is a risk I cannot take, what would I do in Mexico for 5-10 years? The only home I know is the United States also because we don’t have children my hardship case does not have much weight and I denounce the idea of bringing a child into this world so that I may get my papers.

I my wife and I have made the decision and see how thing play out with the current administration everything is looking good and I have high hopes that some reform will be put in place. Also, I have actually been monitoring the dream act for some time before I got married.

Hopefully all ends well

I'm so sorry to hear about your situation. I guess all we can do is pray and push till the govt comes to their senses and passes the DREAM act! yay!