DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   No passport, can I apply for one? (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=43905)

The Brain 04-10-2013 10:22 PM

No passport, can I apply for one?

Ive been living here for the following 17 years and have no Mexican or U.S Passport. Im planning on going to California this coming month of May. I dont want to drive all the way over there. I was thinking if there is a way, possibility that i can apply for any sort of passport so i can fly to California rather than making a 1-2 day drive.
Thank you all in advance.

4justice 04-10-2013 10:29 PM

Re: No passport, can I apply for one?

You can apply for a Mexican passport only. You should be ok to fly with that.

tx24 04-10-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Brain (Post 457175)
Ive been living here for the following 17 years and have no Mexican or U.S Passport. Im planning on going to California this coming month of May. I dont want to drive all the way over there. I was thinking if there is a way, possibility that i can apply for any sort of passport so i can fly to California rather than making a 1-2 day drive.

If you are not a U.S. Citizen there is No way you can get a U.S. passport. If you want a mexican passport you can go to your closest mexican consulate and take the require documents and you will get one right then.

cherryPi 04-11-2013 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Brain (Post 457175)

Yip, definitely apply for a passport I did that last year after applying.for.daca. =) check with your local Mexican consulate office on what documents you need and if you need to make an appt.

JJ Glo 04-11-2013 02:10 AM

Uh....you can fly domestically with just an ID.

Lunafiv 04-11-2013 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ Glo (Post 457299)
Uh....you can fly domestically with just an ID.

Yeah, I was just thinking the same. I don't think you need to get a passport.

acthorson 04-11-2013 07:39 AM

as stated above, you don't need a passport if you have your ID.

The Brain 04-16-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acthorson (Post 457355)
as stated above, you don't need a passport if you have your ID.

Really ? ?
wow than you all, ive been calling the mexican consular and no answer, been very busy working. Ill be going tomorrow and ask them at the airport. I dont want to drive all the way to California, im worried about the checkpoints.

AlexanderMQ 04-16-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Brain (Post 460706)
Really ? ?
wow than you all, ive been calling the mexican consular and no answer, been very busy working. Ill be going tomorrow and ask them at the airport. I dont want to drive all the way to California, im worried about the checkpoints.

Airports also have Tsa agents and immigration officers and they want to know if you have a visa on your passport. Not trying to scare you but I don't know if you should risk going to California on plane

JJ Glo 04-16-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexanderMQ (Post 460775)
Airports also have Tsa agents and immigration officers and they want to know if you have a visa on your passport. Not trying to scare you but I don't know if you should risk going to California on plane

He's already been approved for DACA, he just didn't know that he could fly with an ID alone. He thought he needed a passport to fly within the U.S.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Brain (Post 460706)
Really ? ?

What are you going to ask? Look at the TSA website, all you need is an ID. You can drive across checkpoints, just have your EAD with you and a copy of the I-821D approval letter. No problems whatsoever.