DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Age Cap (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=27314)

dexterchach 04-25-2012 04:43 PM

Age Cap

Plenty of DREAMers are already over 30. and it looks like Rubio's Dream Act has a lot of probability to pass.

For DREAMers already over 30, and potentially, ineligible for Rubio's DREAM Act (bc their age is the only disqualifying factor)... rule makers / Congress should make a secondary condition where if you're over 30 AND YOU'VE ALREADY EARNED A COLLEGE DEGREE from an accredited institution, you would be eligibile to apply to receive the benefits of the Dream Act.

Thoughts?

ECW 04-25-2012 04:57 PM

Re: Age Cap

The only person I know that's over 30 and still waiting on the DREAM Act is DA User.

tyler129 04-25-2012 06:44 PM

As soon as DA User finds out that he's not qualified, he'll go ballistic about how there's no hope for him, how Rubio's bill shouldn't pass and we should push for CIR..

DA User 04-25-2012 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dexterchach (Post 252323)
Plenty of DREAMers are already over 30. and it looks like Rubio's Dream Act has a lot of probability to pass.

For DREAMers already over 30, and potentially, ineligible for Rubio's DREAM Act (bc their age is the only disqualifying factor)... rule makers / Congress should make a secondary condition where if you're over 30 AND YOU'VE ALREADY EARNED A COLLEGE DEGREE from an accredited institution, you would be eligibile to apply to receive the benefits of the Dream Act.

Thoughts?

It would definately leave out thousands of original Dreamers from 2001. Some of them were 34 and now are 45.

If they are going to cap it at 30 then they should add Retroactive Provisions back for someone who already completed 4 year degree. None of the GOP's including Rubio has talked about age yet. I agree with you though.

DA User 04-25-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ECW (Post 252324)
The only person I know that's over 30 and still waiting on the DREAM Act is DA User.

There are thousands of them and growing.

DamLeon123 04-25-2012 07:59 PM

4 year degree are not easy to come by without any kind of financial assistance. so fuck that bullshit.

Alex QA 04-25-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DA User (Post 252355)
It would definately leave out thousands of original Dreamers from 2001. Some of them were 34 and now are 45.

If they are going to cap it at 30 then they should add Retroactive Provisions back for someone who already completed 4 year degree. None of the GOP's including Rubio has talked about age yet. I agree with you though.

45?!?!?! god damn i would marry a USC by then thats a waste of life waiting for the DA at that age

ECL23 04-25-2012 08:44 PM

Most "original" dreamers have probably gotten married or went back to their home countries. There's a smaller percentage of them. But I'm sure there are those like DA user.

DA User 04-25-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamLeon123 (Post 252365)
4 year degree are not easy to come by without any kind of financial assistance. so fuck that bullshit.

It is not but in the original DA bill, it gives 6 years to get it which is plenty of time.

Remember the DA was first introduced in 2001 so if one was 18 at that time then he/she had 12 years to get a 4 year degree.

There are states what offer in-tuition too. Community college is much cheaper in getting that 2 years towards a Bachelor's.

ECW 04-25-2012 08:54 PM

Am I the only one here who thinks DA User is crazy, If it was up to this guy there would be no age limit.