DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   Other Topics (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Clep Exam (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=12343)

earthling 08-07-2009 02:48 AM

Clep Exam

Hello everyone,
I go to a university in Texas, and I switched my major and would like to take a CLEP exam. In the website it says you need two forms of ID, and the primary ID must be government-issued. I do not have a driver's license or state ID.
Has anyone taken this exam using their passport as a primary ID?
Any feedback you have would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

deftbeta 08-07-2009 02:49 AM

Re: Clep Exam

Your UT ID and passport should be fine. If your passport is not valid just go to the consulate and get one. UT is pretty HB1403 friendly from my personal experiences.

Are you part of ULI? If not you should.

earthling 08-07-2009 03:09 AM

I am not familiar with ULI, can you tell me more about it?

C-Zar 08-07-2009 03:19 AM

ULI = UNIVERSITY LEADERSHIP INITIATIVE
check out the link ^^^ on the bottom of deftbeta's post.

deftbeta 08-07-2009 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by earthling (Post 138490)
I am not familiar with ULI, can you tell me more about it?

Yeah, check out the link. They are a pro-DREAM student organization at UT, you should get involved with them.

jothesh2 08-07-2009 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deftbeta (Post 138488)
Your UT ID and passport should be fine. If your passport is not valid just go to the consulate and get one. UT is pretty HB1403 friendly from my personal experiences.

Are you part of ULI? If not you should.

The id's deftbeta mentioned should work. My cousin who lives in Texas told me that most people there are fine about those id's. The south of Texas is the most friendly towards undocumented people and the north west is a little harder. According to my cousin of course.

tenoch24 08-07-2009 09:18 AM

I took spanish clep last year, and all you need is your passport and student id. They just need an official government ID with your photo and signature to prove you are who you claim you are. Good luck I got like 15 credits really helped me greaduate. Good luck.

Loki 08-08-2009 12:05 AM

Clap exam? Gross.

DreamBaybeh 08-10-2009 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loki (Post 138558)
Clap exam? Gross.

Lol :lol:
I was actually thinking for a while about taking one to help me with my courseload, since I will barely scrape by with all my credits in 4 years. Trying to make it all fit in 8 semesters since that's all my scholarship covers. I'm still thinking about it but I wasn't aware you needed 2 forms of ID. I wonder if Utah's "Driving Privilege Cards" will get accepted.

Steve John 10-20-2009 06:29 AM

Many students are able to transfer life experience into college credit using CLEP exams. For example a college student pursuing a business degree who has worked as a restaurant manager and attended management training seminars on management may be able to take and pass the Principles of Management CLEP test. A satisfactory score on this CLEP test will likely meet the three hour Principles of Management business degree requirement.