DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Do we want Trump impeached? (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=81441)

DreamerSD23 03-25-2018 04:18 PM

Do we want Trump impeached?

I am honestly 50/50 about this.

Argument for impeachment:

* Dude ended DACA
* Hateful towards immigrants
* Selling out U.S. to the Russians

Argument against impeachment:

* Is keeping DACA in the news cycle
* Possible trade of wall for path to citizenship, otherwise there is nothing for Republicans to trade for
* Pence is going to go Y'all-Qaeda on America, and we're likely to be the first to be targeted

Curious to what other people think about this.

Swim19 03-25-2018 04:46 PM

Re: Do we want Trump impeached?

100% Yes.

Partly to do with DACA and his attitude towards immigrants. Mostly to do with his ineptitude as President.

Demise 03-25-2018 05:15 PM

Yes. I'll also accept capital punishment or life sentence after he's voted out.

Here's one reason to want impeachment to happen. Guy is historically unpopular, he barely squeaked in, he's been pissing everyone left of Hitler off. He is causing a very heavy left swing in politics. Alabama and PA-18 didn't happen on their own, they happened because centrists voted democrat and liberals got off their asses.

Now Republicans are trying to distance themselves from Trump which is a loss-loss situation for them since they will piss someone off in doing so (either the moderates that want him gone or the fascists that think 2 year olds can do no wrong).

Now imagine putting them on record for votes in the House and the Senate, first for impeachment, then for the guilty/not guilty vote(s).

Also remember, 2020 is a redistricting year, you want people pissed going into the voting booths, a redistricting year, against republicans? They'd never re-take the house ever again.

kyungwc 03-25-2018 08:36 PM

Yes. Trump is a step backwards for USA.
He fills his cabinet with unqualified individuals, particularly those from FOX news.
Seems like a game show, not a country.

JayR9 03-25-2018 08:47 PM

I don’t. I rather he lose in 2020 than have Pence for 2 years.

libertarian1776 03-25-2018 08:57 PM

i think Pence is worse.

Nexus 03-25-2018 11:41 PM

NO!

I believe Pence would be Anti DACA and more of a hardliner on immigration than Trump.

Plus the general ideal of an impeachment process means that the USA would look pretty bad. Also there are consequences to the negative side that we can't even fathom from the process.

DreamerSD23 03-25-2018 11:59 PM

Interesting, literally 50/50 so far in this thread.

AleiaTheEnchanted 03-26-2018 12:23 AM

If Trump gets impeach he better take Pence with him. Heck, he better take his whole administration with him. Together, they can rule Trump business.

Carlo 03-26-2018 12:25 AM

I'm like 60% no, 40% yes. I remember during the election, I was kinda happy Trump won the Republican primary because in the off chance that he would win (and he did, obviously), everyone would be miserable too, not just us dreamers. (Hurray?) Also, it wouldn't be Ted Cruz cus fuck that guy.

In my opinion, the best case scenario is blue wave 2018 to keep him in check for the next 2 years. He keeps turning more red votes to blue, then blue president 2020, then DREAM act. But I type all that with a chuckle. I also think, personally, for us dreamers, Pence would be worst.