DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Changing plane in Phoenix Airport safe? (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=16385)

milmil 08-26-2010 12:47 AM

Changing plane in Phoenix Airport safe?

Well, I heard Arizona had passed this new law where police can arrest illegal immigrants and question whoever they suspect is illegal immigrant.

So basically I'm worried cause I'm going to Seattle for driver's license.
And on my plane back to NewYork from Seattle, it stops at Phoenix,AZ to change plane.
Is it safe? Will I get deported when I reach the Phoenix Airport?
Will they stop me when I'm going on the plane in Arizona?
Or as long as the police or security don't come up to me and ask me for documentations then I'm safe?

pearl 08-26-2010 01:06 AM

Re: Changing plane in Phoenix Airport safe?

i don't think while changing planes u need to go out of d security. As long as ur in d terminal u cannot be checked again. U just llook for ur next terminal and board from there. U don't need to go out of security. What docs. of id will u show when u'll board. If the other airport will accept it, then i don't c any problem here. Good luck.

milmil 08-26-2010 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pearl (Post 171268)
i don't think while changing planes u need to go out of d security. As long as ur in d terminal u cannot be checked again. U just llook for ur next terminal and board from there. U don't need to go out of security. What docs. of id will u show when u'll board. If the other airport will accept it, then i don't c any problem here. Good luck.

Thank you. Hopefully I come back safe since this is my first time on a flight by myself :(

chaiobabyblue 08-26-2010 04:01 PM

Pls let me know how u go about that. I'm thinking of taking of on sept on my own too so I'm mapping everything down.

milmil 08-26-2010 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaiobabyblue (Post 171304)
Pls let me know how u go about that. I'm thinking of taking of on sept on my own too so I'm mapping everything down.

In NewYork, I paid people to settle things for me in Seattle DMV.
Like they provide me with a registered car and washington address and place to live.
And they help me schedule appointment for written test and road test in a few days instead 1-2week for other people.
If not you should get those stuff ready, there's threads on this site that has those details.

And I'll definitely let you know how it went if I come back safely from changing plane in Arizona(Hopefully) That state really scares me. But I'm pretty sure other states are pretty safe to change plane if you're thinking of going.

doctadunk 08-26-2010 09:39 PM

My uncle came back from a trip to mexico and had to go to arizona airport and then back to lax, he says that they took him to a room and questioned him. Supposedly they were looking for a guy with the same last name as him. He is a permanent resident so nothing happened but says that they were real assholes and racist. (He is 35 years old, light skinned, regular person)

My 19 year old brother born us citizen also came back from mexico from vacation and had to stop in arizona and then come back to lax was "randomly" checked after he had walked through a metal detector and didnt even go off. they asked him if he wanted to be searched in a private room or right there on the spot, he chose to have it right there. Said lady carefully searched him for 20 minutes. While he was being searched some white guy went through a metal detector and it went off and said "why arent you searching him?!!!" they just briefly checked the white guy for about 30 seconds and they let him go.

Says the airport was not crowded at all. This was about 3 weeks ago. My uncle was about 2 months ago.

milmil 08-26-2010 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doctadunk (Post 171334)
My uncle came back from a trip to mexico and had to go to arizona airport and then back to lax, he says that they took him to a room and questioned him. Supposedly they were looking for a guy with the same last name as him. He is a permanent resident so nothing happened but says that they were real assholes and racist. (He is 35 years old, light skinned, regular person)

My 19 year old brother born us citizen also came back from mexico from vacation and had to stop in arizona and then come back to lax was "randomly" checked after he had walked through a metal detector and didnt even go off. they asked him if he wanted to be searched in a private room or right there on the spot, he chose to have it right there. Said lady carefully searched him for 20 minutes. While he was being searched some white guy went through a metal detector and it went off and said "why arent you searching him?!!!" they just briefly checked the white guy for about 30 seconds and they let him go.

Says the airport was not crowded at all. This was about 3 weeks ago. My uncle was about 2 months ago.

You're scaring me :( I shouldnt have bought the ticket that needed to change plane in Arizona.

prettyjolie 08-27-2010 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milmil (Post 171338)
You're scaring me :( I shouldnt have bought the ticket that needed to change plane in Arizona.

The only reason his family members had to go through security in AZ was because they were coming from Mexico. When you have a connecting flight and you're on an international flight, you have to go through security + recheck your lugggage. If it's just a regular flight within the US, there should be no reason for you to have to go through security a second time.

When I used to fly (but I had a valid ID, not a foreign passport), I never had any problems on layovers. Then again, all my connecting flights were either Dallas/Ft Worth, Chicago, and once Denver. It's always a risk to fly when you're undocumented, but I wouldn't worry too much about the connecting flight.

Good luck!!

doctadunk 08-27-2010 04:59 PM

ok so AZ are only a-holes to international flights? well hope its true for milmil

Good luck!

VJB2 08-27-2010 05:21 PM

You'll be fine, just don't leave the security area. You already went through security once so as long as you stayed in the contained terminal, you can easily just switch flights and carry on.