DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Advance Parole Question (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=84813)

Tacvbo 02-25-2021 01:02 PM

Advance Parole Question

Hello.

Question for you who applied for advance parole for humane reasons. One of my grandparents was diagnosed with a lung disease and the doctors fear he may not have much time left. I would never forgive myself for not trying anything possible to be there. It's not a matter of days but I would really need to go in the upcoming months. Question is:

-Is a letter written by his doctor enough for this?

-Do I need to send the original letter with my request packet?

-Do I need all documents notarized?

So far, I have the following:

Letter from his doctor.

Birth certificate

Picture of my grandparent in wheelchair with oxygen....He looks in really bad shape there.

Letter explaining the reason for my travel.

Guys, I need all the help possible. I thank you in advance for your time.

2Face 02-25-2021 02:30 PM

Re: Advance Parole Question

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tacvbo (Post 757647)
Hello.

Question for you who applied for advance parole for humane reasons. One of my grandparents was diagnosed with a lung disease and the doctors fear he may not have much time left. I would never forgive myself for not trying anything possible to be there. It's not a matter of days but I would really need to go in the upcoming months. Question is:

-Is a letter written by his doctor enough for this?

-Do I need to send the original letter with my request packet?

-Do I need all documents notarized?

So far, I have the following:

Letter from his doctor.

Birth certificate

Picture of my grandparent in wheelchair with oxygen....He looks in really bad shape there.

Letter explaining the reason for my travel.

Guys, I need all the help possible. I thank you in advance for your time.

I went for the same reasons (basically that my grandfather was aging and I hadn't met him for long time).

You are absolutely on point with this. All you need is the Doctor's letter on his official letterhead basically saying that your name and that you are his grandson and are advised to meet your grandfather, mentioning his name, and basically explaining what condition he is being treated for. Very short letter.

Along with that Doctor's letter, I would include a cover letter by you explaining and the birth certificate and picture should suffice. No need to notarize. It will be approved 100% if you fill the application accurately and submit these few items.

Good luck and hope the best for your grandfather.

Tacvbo 02-25-2021 03:08 PM

Re: Advance Parole Question

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Face (Post 757650)
I went for the same reasons (basically that my grandfather was aging and I hadn't met him for long time).

You are absolutely on point with this. All you need is the Doctor's letter on his official letterhead basically saying that your name and that you are his grandson and are advised to meet your grandfather, mentioning his name, and basically explaining what condition he is being treated for. Very short letter.

Along with that Doctor's letter, I would include a cover letter by you explaining and the birth certificate and picture should suffice. No need to notarize. It will be approved 100% if you fill the application accurately and submit these few items.

Good luck and hope the best for your grandfather.

Thanks for replying bro. I really needed help with this.