DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   Other Topics (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Juarez??? (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=7878)

Rose65 05-03-2008 04:54 PM

Juarez???

Hey guys I just had a quick question. Okay so as some may know i was brought here illegally at the age of 2. I have been with my boyfriend since i was 16 and i am now i'm about to turn 20. My bf is a born USC and he really wants to marry me, as do i. I told him i really want to wait to see if Dream passes so i can get a better job and save up money to get our own place, then get married. But since ICE went to my house a couple weeks ago, he is scared of losing me. He wants to do the Fiance petition after i get denied and sent back to mexico because i entered illegally as a baby. So i understand the interview and all that is in Juarez, Mexico. I don't really have relatives in Mex. that will let me stay because they don't even know me. So i will have to find a place at or near Juarez. When he files the I-601 waiver to petition for me to come back, could the "hardship" you have to state be that I have to live near Juarez cuz i got no family anywhere else (almost all of my fam. is in texas anyway and some in cali) and freakin Juarez is known for like MURDERING and mutilating women and my life is at risk living there??? i think that's my only escape cuz idk no one is sick in his fam. :-?

Youguysareawesome 05-03-2008 05:25 PM

Re: Juarez???

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rose65 (Post 101220)
Hey guys I just had a quick question. Okay so as some may know i was brought here illegally at the age of 2. I have been with my boyfriend since i was 16 and i am now i'm about to turn 20. My bf is a born USC and he really wants to marry me, as do i. I told him i really want to wait to see if Dream passes so i can get a better job and save up money to get our own place, then get married. But since ICE went to my house a couple weeks ago, he is scared of losing me. He wants to do the Fiance petition after i get denied and sent back to mexico because i entered illegally as a baby. So i understand the interview and all that is in Juarez, Mexico. I don't really have relatives in Mex. that will let me stay because they don't even know me. So i will have to find a place at or near Juarez. When he files the I-601 waiver to petition for me to come back, could the "hardship" you have to state be that I have to live near Juarez cuz i got no family anywhere else (almost all of my fam. is in texas anyway and some in cali) and freakin Juarez is known for like MURDERING and mutilating women and my life is at risk living there??? i think that's my only escape cuz idk no one is sick in his fam. :-?

Go to www.immigrate2us.net for questions regarding the hardship wavier. The hardship is usually meant for the US citizen (in this case your fiance). Definetly go to immigrate2us.net for this question.

Ianus 05-03-2008 06:47 PM

Under these circumstances I think you're making the right choice in getting your situation straightened out.I'd recommend following YGAA's advice about going over to the website listed since that is where you'll get some first hand experience of people who are going through the process.It'll be expensive & time consuming but I think before you take any real steps towards this process that you take some time to talk with your significant other & come up with a plan to make it work.

*The most important part of the I-601 process is the Hardship letter the U.S Citizen sponsor will have to write proving extreme hardship & with the necessary evidence.*

On second thought,having read through some of your past posts I wonder if you have to leave the United States at all to have your status adjusted,since it looks like you might be under 245i.If you can provide some dates concerning when your Father applied for residency[even if it was denied] since it seems you were a beneficiary you might actually be 245i eligible since I know residency applications do take time.
Quote:

My father tried to get us papers and we only got as far as getting a social security number and a work authorization card. Then they abandoned the case and my work permit has been expired for 6 yrs. so my stay here is illegal.
If your Father's application was submitted before April 30th,2001 you don't have to leave to adjust your status.

Rose65 05-04-2008 02:58 AM

Thank you so much for the quick response. Yeah i gotta contact him about that because i heard it might "grandfather" the 245i, but i'm still not 100% sure if he did it before that date. I'll go check out that one site too. I also have to contact my uncle (mom's brother) because he immigrated through EWI illegally and he married his born USC girlfriend, and he's a permanent resident now, has been for about 4 yrs. Now he is trying to become a citizen, he still needs another year though. He entered when he was like 12 yrs old. Idk maybe the laws were different back then (2000). But nevertheless thanks alot guys. =]

Ianus 05-04-2008 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rose65 (Post 101243)
Thank you so much for the quick response. Yeah i gotta contact him about that because i heard it might "grandfather" the 245i, but i'm still not 100% sure if he did it before that date. I'll go check out that one site too. I also have to contact my uncle (mom's brother) because he immigrated through EWI illegally and he married his born USC girlfriend, and he's a permanent resident now, has been for about 4 yrs. Now he is trying to become a citizen, he still needs another year though. He entered when he was like 12 yrs old. Idk maybe the laws were different back then (2000). But nevertheless thanks alot guys. =]

No problem,If your father's application was filed before April 30th,2001 & your name was on it,any adjustment application you file today would be grandfathered under 245i also this "old law" would be with you for life until you adjust your status within the United States & is called "Derivative Grandfathering" in your case if you qualify.

You would just need a copy of your father's application with the accompanying applicable Adjustment application to prove to USCIS to you're eligible.