DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Advance Parole (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=37014)

newyorker 01-13-2013 01:56 PM

Advance Parole

So any new updates or more stories of ppl being approved?
Please post/share them here. Let's keep ourselves in the know. :-)

Djdieg007 01-13-2013 02:37 PM

Re: Advance Parole

Some guy already went to Mexico and came back. As of Puerto Rico and Hawaii its also already been done by some dreamers.

newyorker 01-13-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djdieg007 (Post 409364)
Some guy already went to Mexico and came back. As of Puerto Rico and Hawaii its also already been done by some dreamers.

What about countries other than Mexico?

FlyinAgainstTheWind 01-13-2013 02:57 PM

You don't need Advance Parole for Hawaii and I don't think you need AP for Puerto Rico. Some girl did go back to Mexico but her sister in law who is a paralegal handled her case. She also had a couple things going for her. USC husband and Kid. She also had no clue about what was filed for her.

Pianoswithoutfaith 01-13-2013 03:53 PM

You know, I bet if I google her picture I will find them in someone else cases, how could she NOT know what she was filing for? its like she didn't keep track of her case at all. Sure granted, her sister handled it but did she really tell her, "DO NOT WORRY! DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!!" come really?

Starz 01-14-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djdieg007 (Post 409364)

Hawaii is US, you just use ur state ID to travel, my sister travel there 2 times no problem at all.

amoney3 01-17-2013 12:22 AM

I was approved, but it was a week too late to do my study abroad thing :(

dnick12 01-17-2013 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amoney3 (Post 411056)

Is the approval valid only for your study abroa program? Or can you still use it for something else?

helloj 01-17-2013 08:04 AM

I have a similar question, I have not traveled outside the US for about 15 years now, while my sister and parents have traveled back and forth(my sis is married and my parents just got granted their green cards) I wish to see my grandparents before they get too old and eventually the inevitable...so I wish to maybe apply for advanced parole to see if I can travel back to Hong Kong maybe during the Fall for a couple of weeks. I plan to be perfectly honest with USCIS and tell them I just want to see them before they pass away and I haven't been back for 15 years. Do you guys think it's a good idea ? or should I not even attempt to apply?

sk16 01-17-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amoney3 (Post 411056)

what did you send in for evidence and how long did it take? and how long did they give you parole for?