DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Different last name dillema!! (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=30600)

Nah 08-26-2012 05:07 PM

Different last name dillema!!

So to get my visa i had to come in with a different last name and i never use tat last name and i always use my legal name. So they need the I94 information and it will be a different last name, so i have no idea what to do, im scared, someone help!! wat should i do??

star293 08-26-2012 05:21 PM

Re: Different last name dillema!!

explain wut happend on the i 821 form.

ItsKdC 08-26-2012 05:28 PM

On the form it asks "other names used" (number 12 on the I-821D and number 2 on the I-765), just fill it out and u should be fine.

kabs 08-26-2012 05:35 PM

Wait, is this visa under a totally different name? Did you use a fake passport? How is it not your legal name? Does the visa/passport list all your names?

ItsKdC 08-26-2012 05:46 PM

I think he filed for his Visa using a different name all together (dont know how that would be possible, but that's what i got from the story). Perhaps he used his mom's last name or other relative that was already living here to make the process easier (i dont know i never got a Visa lol). However from what he said he didn't commit identity fraud to enter the US, but he may have committed fraud in order to get his Visa in the first place. I dont know how big of a crime that is, but he wasn't impersonating anyone else. He instead used a made up person all together.

Nah 08-26-2012 05:58 PM

Basically to get my visa we made a different person kind of thing, i didnt commit any crime i was only 11. Its just a different last name, basically we made up a fake person so that i could come here. Many people do that if they cant get their own visa.

GiveMeAChance 08-26-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nah (Post 287920)
Basically to get my visa we made a different person kind of thing, i didnt commit any crime i was only 11. Its just a different last name, basically we made up a fake person so that i could come here. Many people do that if they cant get their own visa.

I suggest u consult a lawyer. You don't want this biting you in the butt later when you try to become a resident.

Nah 08-26-2012 06:56 PM

yeah true, because in my visa, my birthday is different too. fml!!

kabs 08-26-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nah (Post 287931)
yeah true, because in my visa, my birthday is different too. fml!!

Essentially = a made up person is still a made up person which means the visa is fraudulent (since it's not you nor it was a mistake). Different name and birthday = not you.

You still would be an EWI and qualify for DACA, but yeah, I'd go talk to a lawyer too.

Nah 08-26-2012 09:09 PM

Whats an EWI but thanks, so nobody has the same issue as me ??