DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Biometrics Experience - New York (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=31368)

faaya 09-13-2012 08:58 PM

Biometrics Experience - New York

I went in today for my scheduled biometrics appointment. I literally got there at 8:57 AM and was out by 9:25 AM. My appointment was at 9:00 AM. It was completely dead; me and 2 other groups of people.

When I arrived the guard asked for my passport but I didn't bring it with me. I commute from Long Island to Manhattan for college and there is a train station 3-5 blocks away from the support center, so I was planning on going directly to school afterwards. I didn't want to be carrying my passport around all day in Manhattan, god forbid someone stole it or I lost it.

I showed the guard my country's ID card and told her I also had my College ID. She took them to the manager's office and told me to take a sit while I filled out the paper form (it asks for your Alien Number, Applications Numbers, Name, Height, Weight, etc.). 5 minutes later the manager came to greet me and talked with the guard and the guy who took my biometrics about the deferred action process (something about USCIS merging the two applications into one after or something like that).

He then asked if I had the receipts. Luckily I did! I gave him all 3 letters I received from USCIS and he took them and continued talking with the guard and the guy who took my biometrics.

They were super nice to me, however not to someone else though. They had a kid running around, and tried walking together to the station where they did biometrics when only one needed the them done.

It's just a matter of being respectful (saying Hi, How are you? Thank you. Have a great day. Take care) and following the rules (no cellphones, No eating, etc.).

It would be great to have this done before my birthday, October 5th!. Now it's just a waiting game :)

theguywitheyes 09-13-2012 09:21 PM

Re: Biometrics Experience - New York

lol you did go through a bit more than i did. I just walked in when they were about to close and showed my passport and letter. The lady filled everything for me and BOOM! done in less then 10 mins . no waiting. It was a miracle !

Willis1983 09-13-2012 10:39 PM

faaya, is that the USCIS office located near Queens Plaza?

russman 09-13-2012 10:45 PM

I did mine this morning as well. My original appointment was scheduled for the 25th, but I went in today after reading a couple posts on this forum. I got there at 7:30ish and waited for the door to open, which happened at 7:50. I showed my passport and my appointment letter to the guard, filled out a form, got my prints taken and was out of there by 8:05 and on my way to work :)

Willis1983 09-13-2012 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theguywitheyes (Post 300849)
lol you did go through a bit more than i did. I just walked in when they were about to close and showed my passport and letter. The lady filled everything for me and BOOM! done in less then 10 mins . no waiting. It was a miracle !

..it sure must have been a miracle. Everytime I pass by my local ASC, tempted to do a walk-in, I see so many people inside that office and security guard looking straight into my eyes that I end up back in the subway in a matter of seconds. Oh well I guess I'll stick to my appointment date Sept 25th :???: