DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Masters MBA (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=84328)

saywhat123 05-19-2020 09:47 PM

Masters MBA

Hi!

anyone here has gotten a MBA degree or is currently pursuing one ? if so where ? your experience ? financial support ?

Let me know your thoughts :) I'd like to chat more.

Thanks!:p

Outsider626 05-19-2020 11:10 PM

Re: Masters MBA

Hello,

My friend earned his MBA in Human Resources completely online with Southern New Hampshire University. He is from New York by the way.

They have one of the lowest graduate online tuition rates in the country and are well known. At just $627 per credit hour, a 36-credit master’s degree is only $22,572.

SNHU also has a generous transfer policy when it comes to their master’s degrees. They accept up to 12 credits from your previous institutions – that’s a third of your 36-credit program. By transferring 4 classes, you could save over $7,000 on your SNHU graduate degree.

So basically masters degree will cost you 15k with them.

IamAman 05-19-2020 11:27 PM

Only get it if your company is paying for it. Otherwise, waste of money.

isk84life 05-20-2020 12:35 AM

Do not waste your money on an MBA, specially on one from a not top 5 university. Get a degree that helps you develop actual technical skills.

JayR9 05-20-2020 01:25 AM

MBA are worthless. Use that tuition money and start your own business. If you want to climb the corporate ladder, your company will pay for a executive mba eventually

glacier1985 05-20-2020 12:45 PM

get a master degree in STEM could be more useful. if you are interested in the actual courses/contents just do some reading. You don't actually have to take courses for something like MBA. I would agree with most people here that MBA is pretty useless even from the top 5 universities.

fl_dreamer 05-20-2020 01:40 PM

MBA ARE worth it if you 1) graduate from a top business school 2) want to go into consulting / executive management level. For an average joe, it is not worth it.

beingoflight 05-20-2020 03:39 PM

Feels good having college graduates as subordinates while having raw skill promoting you through the ranks, thats all im gonna say.

sk16 05-20-2020 04:34 PM

what would you guys recommend for someone who did the business route in undergrad to do masters in without having to change route completely. something like data analytics perhaps? or MIS? i did my bachelors in supply chain and feel a bit stuck to just basic buying/planning roles.

MIdreamer 05-20-2020 05:48 PM

I don't think MBA is worth it, everyone has a MBA and it doesn't mean much nowadays. I ended up doing my MS in engineering.