DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The News Room (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Supreme Court to take DACA next fall. (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=83697)

unchatkitue 06-28-2019 12:28 PM

Supreme Court to take DACA next fall.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/28/polit...urt/index.html

Washington (CNN) The Supreme Court said Friday it will review next term President Donald Trump's decision to terminate an Obama-era program that protects hundreds of thousands of undocumented immigrants who came to the US as children, setting up a potential decision in the heart of the 2020 presidential election.

A decision siding with the administration could strip protections for nearly 700,000 so-called Dreamers.

Immigration was a signature issue during Trump's first presidential campaign and will be again in the upcoming election. Democratic presidential hopefuls showed this week that they also intend on seizing on the issue, as they pledged to extend protections in two days of debates -- some the top candidates even said they would do so on their first day in office.

The justices have been considering whether to take up the case for months, while allowing renewals for the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program to continue.

The program, which protects participants from deportation and allows them to work in the US, has become a focal point in the debate over Trump's proposed US-Mexico border wall and efforts to crack down on immigration.

Trump has repeatedly cited the fact that lower courts blocked his effort to phase out DACA and the potential for a Supreme Court review as a reason not to make a deal with Democrats to extend the program on a comprehensive immigration bill. The President has felt all along that although lower courts ruled against him, he would ultimately prevail in the Supreme Court, much as the administration did in the final version of the travel ban.

Last year, for instance, Trump tweeted: "It just shows everyone how broken and unfair our Court System is when the opposing side in a case (such as DACA) always runs to the 9th Circuit and almost always wins before being reversed by higher courts."

Many DACA recipients are unable to obtain legal status on their own because they were either brought into the country illegally or they overstayed their visas. That often precludes them from becoming a lawful permanent resident because one of the requirements is having entered -- and resided in -- the country legally.

Friday's announcement was made without comment or any noted dissent.

Got_Daca 06-28-2019 12:33 PM

Re: Supreme Court to take DACA next fall.

Caveocrats will rather have DACA dead

Trump wants it dead

Scotus will kill it

Everyone wants us dead

PapiChulo 06-28-2019 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got_Daca (Post 738461)
Caveocrats will rather have DACA dead

Trump wants it dead

Scotus will kill it

Everyone wants us dead

good.

Got_Daca 06-28-2019 12:38 PM

Caveocrats will cave on virtually anything

Except DACA

dreamer__13 06-28-2019 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got_Daca (Post 738469)
Caveocrats will cave on virtually anything

Except DACA

Cool.

DogJuiceMan 06-28-2019 12:52 PM

Legally we are already dead. Trump just wants to put the stake through our hearts to ensure we stay dead.

Nice try Trump, but you forgot Daca wears armor of the finest quality and strength. Shining and radiant, DACA stands proud and tall against the villains in the white House who seek to destroy it.

Hallowpoint1911 06-28-2019 12:52 PM

I know we should be united but this cat Got_Daca makes it really hard. The lesser of two evils are the Democrats yet this fool is always attacking them. It was a Democrat who gave us DACA and it’s Republican who is trying to take it away. Ignorant fool should not be on this forum.

PapiChulo 06-28-2019 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hallowpoint1911 (Post 738481)
I know we should be united but this cat Got_Daca makes it really hard. The lesser of two evils are the Democrats yet this fool is always attacking them. It was a Democrat who gave us DACA and it’s Republican who is trying to take it away. Ignorant fool should not be on this forum.

i think he got mental health issues.

cmeow 06-28-2019 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hallowpoint1911 (Post 738481)

It is what it is. I've said before that if Trump immediately gives citizenship to DACA holders, there would be a lot more republicans than what most people think.

Smooth 06-28-2019 01:01 PM

Look guys, it's not over yet. We have all faced more difficult times. We will be ok. Trust me.

This puts pressure on both parties to get it done after the election. We are not leaving--my two cents. If shit hits the fan, I will make sure to fight for all of you as if you are my own blood. You are nit alone in this. We have each other. Tighten those balls and keep moving forward.