DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Using a fake ssn??? (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=81170)

ladreamer1998 03-02-2018 03:13 AM

Using a fake ssn???

Ok guy's, I need some advice. I'm a bit desperate right now. I need a job asap and I have one lined up in demolition and it pays well too. My question is whether it is wise to use a fake ssn and fake identity. (and yes before you guy's ask, I was one of those who qualified for daca but i never did. It's my fault but I was one uninformed 17-18 year old.) I know it is a crime to use a fake ssn and identity but is it something that can get me in trouble or potentially affect me in the future if say the dream act passes or I attempt to adjust my status through marriage? I don't plan on doing anything stupid like committing fraud, claiming to be a usc or taking out loans or credit cards, i just wanna be able to cash a check and live my life. I plan on getting a drivers license with my real name. Can the fake ssn and identity leave a paper trail and bite me in the ass if i don't use my real name and don't open bank accounts or anything dumb?? please guy's i'm kind of desperate, I'm now 19 years old and I have to start helping my family.

Copper 03-02-2018 03:19 AM

Re: Using a fake ssn???

I completely understand your frustration, and although you’re intention may not be to commit fraud, if you do get caught, it will be considered fraud since you may be using someone’s else’s social security number, regardless if it’s under a different name.

Personally I would not recommended just because of how aggressive this administration is with immigration enforcement right now. If there is an audit or if someone reports their SSN is being used and you get caught and charged with fraud you’re whole future may go to waste.

I know is tough times right now, but risking it all for just a couple months of works is not worth possibly throwing you’re entire future away. Just be patient.

ladreamer1998 03-02-2018 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Copper (Post 695551)
I completely understand your frustration, and although you’re intention may not be to commit fraud, if you do get caught, it will be considered fraud since you may be using someone’s else’s social security number, regardless if it’s under a different name.

Personally I would not recommended just because of how aggressive this administration is with immigration enforcement right now. If there is an audit or if someone reports their SSN is being used and you get caught and charged with fraud you’re whole future may go to waste.

I know is tough times right now, but risking it all for just a couple months of works is not worth possibly throwing you’re entire future away. Just be patient.

I'm talking about a fake ssn, the ones that employers turn a blind eye on. I'm not dumb enough to steal a valid ssn.

DreamerSD23 03-02-2018 03:26 AM

No bro, don't do it.

I was in the same situation as you when I graduated high school and DACA was not a thing and needed money to go to community college and support myself. I hustled my way into an independent contractor position and used my ITIN.

As an independent contractor, you "own" your business and contract your work with other businesses. You fill out a W-2 with your ITIN and not an I-9.

You should ask if they allow you to enter a contract with them and get an ITIN quickly if you don't have one.

Copper 03-02-2018 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladreamer1998 (Post 695552)
I'm talking about a fake ssn, the ones that employers turn a blind eye on. I'm not dumb enough to steal a valid ssn.

Listen to me carefully. I never said you are going to steal one, however you will eventually make one up, and the one you make up could possibly be a REAL social security number and belong to someone else.

ICE right now is at full force with audits, a member here just recently posted a notice from their job that ICE was going to be conducting an audit.

If they conduct an audit and you do get caught, you will be potentially be looking at getting charge with fraud even though that may not have been you’re intention, the federal government will not care and proceed anyways.

Like I said it is very risky, but only you can make that choice since you know you’re situation better than I do. I’m just giving you some advice.

ladreamer1998 03-02-2018 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DreamerSD23 (Post 695553)
No bro, don't do it.

I was in the same situation as you when I graduated high school and DACA was not a thing and needed money to go to community college and support myself. I hustled my way into an independent contractor position and used my ITIN.

As an independent contractor, you "own" your business and contract your work with other businesses. You fill out a W-2 with your ITIN and not an I-9.

You should ask if they allow you to enter a contract with them and get an ITIN quickly if you don't have one.

Damn, i didn't know a fake one was that bad. i thought only if you used a stolen one and you were reported you'd face criminal charges or potential bars from ever adjusting your status.

ladreamer1998 03-02-2018 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Copper (Post 695554)
Listen to me carefully. I never said you are going to steal one, however you will eventually make one up, and the one you make up could possibly be a REAL social security number and belong to someone else.

ICE right now is at full force with audits, a member here just recently posted a notice from their job that ICE was going to be conducting an audit.

If they conduct an audit and you do get caught, you will be potentially be looking at getting charge with fraud even though that may not have been you’re intention, the federal government will not care and proceed anyways.

Like I said it is very risky, but only you can make that choice since you know you’re situation better than I do. I’m just giving you some advice.

ok, my bad. I just thought that the fake ones you get from random people in downtown were always fake ssn numbers and not valid one's.

BeansDreamtoo21 03-02-2018 03:36 AM

Dont do it. Just work under the table.

DreamerSD23 03-02-2018 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeansDreamtoo21 (Post 695557)
Dont do it. Just work under the table.

Environment is really tough, I would think most employers won't risk it now with all the raids happening, especially in California.

ladreamer1998 03-02-2018 03:41 AM

man it fucking sucks being physically capable of working but not being able to. it's like being in a wheelchair.