DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   do u think college requirement with only phd in math science engineer will pass? (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=26402)

facetree 02-10-2012 04:17 AM

do u think college requirement with only phd in math science engineer will pass?

exclude art, business , law or any major that require no math becuase it is too easy

do u think it will pass? i think chance are good
what your opinion?

S4l 02-10-2012 07:22 AM

Re: do u think college requirement with only phd in math science engineer will pass?

Quote:

Originally Posted by facetree (Post 246142)
exclude art, business , law or any major that require no math becuase it is too easy

what your opinion?

mrochan/backstab is that you?

gebodupa 02-10-2012 01:12 PM

Re: do u think college requirement with only phd in math science engineer will pass?

I do not think any single politician knows how much hard work is required for a PhD in math, chemistry , physics or engineering. It simply cannot be done for status, it just does not work that way. You have to be fully committed to the field, and not seeing it as an immigration loophole.

Furthermore, currently there are already undocumented students willing and able to continue their graduate studies in order to get a PhD, but the current system simple does not allow them to do so. Schools have a problem accepting such students outright, and some that happen to accept them still cannot give them a stipend or employ them as proper research assistants making it virtually impossible for such student to finish their degree. I was one of such students, and was 2.5 years into my PhD in atomic physics, but had to cover the cost of the courses out of my own pocket, could not matriculate and was not allowed to take the comprehensive exam, which made working on a dissertation a futile effort.

Also, anybody who has a PhD in those fields, would not have a need for their status. Postdocs, get sent all over the world, and there are plenty of countries that offer great research opportunities in those fields. This does nothing for the undocumented students, and is simple a way for the US government to try to keep their best students in the country, while placing the cost of their training onto the students themselves.

JohannBernoulli1667 02-10-2012 01:31 PM

I hope so, I am working on my ME masters right now! I think it might have a slight chance if coupled with some racist amendments .

carnivore 02-10-2012 02:26 PM

it's call the STEM Visa Act

2Face 02-10-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

what your opinion?

I'm assuming you have degrees in each of those fields since you think they are so easy. This imaginary bill you talk of would never pass as it would exclude almost 90% of us. The only bill that should pass is Dream Act with both military and FULL education components.

facetree 02-10-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Face (Post 246171)
I'm assuming you have degrees in each of those fields since you think they are so easy. This imaginary bill you talk of would never pass as it would exclude almost 90% of us. The only bill that should pass is Dream Act with both military and FULL education components.

are u saying that most of dreamers are stupid? america need smartest and brigest not
stupid people who pursue art majors degree.

Ali 02-10-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by facetree (Post 246183)
are u saying that most of dreamers are stupid? america need smartest and brigest not
stupid people who pursue art majors degree.

hochan..why you no type engrish right?

IamAman 02-10-2012 04:45 PM

Well my bases are all covered....I have a science, math, and business degree. I've never understood why someone in our shoes would get an Art degree. I love art actually and am an avid photographer, but I've always felt and from what I've seen that the people who do well in that world are the ones who have a rich dad to subsidize them. Same with psychology majors. Get something that can get you a job quick when you get your papers. WHEN you get your papers, not IF....

Then you can pursue art...art doesn't need a degree.

vmd 02-10-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

what your opinion?

Me no understood you english. Opinion my is fix to understand complex you writing. Is too much. Hurts is my head.