DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   Other Topics (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Whos Now?: Whos Our Next Pres. (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=4637)

Ed 07-30-2007 10:55 PM

Whos Now?: Whos Our Next Pres.

Who do you guys think will be our next U.S. President.

ill break it down with the primaries first.

Democrats- I think, out of all the canidates Edwards has the most experience, being that he's been in this spot before, Hilary Clinton, not so much, i feel she says things just to appease the crowd, and not necessarily whats on her mind. but she is popular so she might just get the ticket, now for Obama, not enough experience, he as well is popular so who knows, it honestly a toss-up right now

Republicans- Mitt Romney, is a good speaker, i like his political views, and i feel like he presents him self well in a lot of the debates and with the media and voters. McCain, probably the most experienced, but he's losing momentum, lets see if he can get it back, i honestly think he can be a good V.P. b/c he is smart like Cheney. Fred Thompson i dont know too much about him, it seems like he came out of nowhere,LOL, but my ticket would be Rudy Giuliani.

My prediciton for next pres. of the United states.--->>

----///Rudy Giuliani\\\-----why?..we right now have a texas cowboy in office, he's got charisma and he likes to kid around, and some would say he has got a comedic personality. well, we're in WAR!..we need a upstate, hard-nosed, in your face, straight outta the NYC/ accent and all. we just need that mean tough attitude, that will get it done. Giuliani, was the mayor at one of the worst times for our nation and NYC. like they say "if u can make it new york, u can make in anywhere." i also agree with alot of his views.

lilbawler2001 07-30-2007 10:59 PM

yea that's why romney will veto any CIR legislation.

FrankV 07-30-2007 11:51 PM

Yeah Right?? LOL
I don't believe any Republican will win the Presidential Elections.

Rudy Giuliani??? Are you serious? The only thing he talks about is 9/11 and just putting FEAR to the American public.

It's going to be a Democrat that wins because we have been in the Republican Shit hole for eight years now.
We need change and not another Conservative.

Here is what I think:

Hillary Clinton and Edwards are going to be President and Vice President. That's the Best team.
OR Bill Richardson could be Vice President (He cares for Peace and the Environment).

Hillary is going to win. She been leading in all polls and everyone remembers the Clinton years.
If not Hillary then Edwards.

rock steady 07-31-2007 12:28 AM

Ed, do you watch Sportscenter also?

Ed 07-31-2007 02:44 AM

yea rock steady you know i do. was the "whos now" so obvious.

Ed 07-31-2007 02:49 AM

Clinton and Edwards?. what? i dont think Clinton..should win. she doesnt deserve it. i mean she just wants the spotlight. NY senator?..hUH yea right..we all know she moved there just so she could become the senator for that state, shes not a true new yorker. and when her term is done, she's movin back to her hubby, to Arkansas or where there from. Giuliani is. thats true all he does is talk about 9/11. he really cant voice his opinions on anything else, hes not a senator so. but whatever everyone is entitled to their own opinons. i realize that the majority of this forum watches alot of politics/cnn/c-span etc. i just watch it for the dream act. i really think all politicians lie and bribe their way to power. but whatever money makes the world go round.

Zodiak 07-31-2007 03:23 AM

Never mind.

rock steady 07-31-2007 10:55 AM

I'm picking Tiger over LeBron in Who's Now.

peticsu 07-31-2007 11:38 AM

Romeny is going to have a tough time winning over the minority vote or the religious vote...he is Mormon, I dont know if people know this but Mormons did preach till the 50's that a black man could only get into heaven as a slave...and and Birmingham Young did preach that racial mixing should be punishable by death.

Im not trying to take shots at religion but when people find out more and more about the Mormon sect they'll get freaked out...I mean these people believe that the Native Americans are a lost tribe from Israel.

HOPEFULDREAMER 07-31-2007 01:45 PM

Edwards is ridiculous. With his $400 haircuts, neighbors galore that hate him because he lives in a glorious estate and never even bothers to associate with them, and constant photo-ops in New Orleans, he doesn't stand a chance.

Clinton just seems like she reads off of cue cards at every debate. [Anyone else noticed this?] I have no problem with Slick Willy but Hillary makes me vomit in my mouth.

I personally like Obama. I think his balance between personal accountability and government intervention concerning social problems is something that has been missing from the Democratic Party for a long time. Will he get the nomination? Highly doubt it. Anyone who has that little experience in national politics is bound to generate some mistrust in the general population.

Richardson is definitely the most experienced of the bunch but he has some loose screws with reality and what is and what is not feasible at times.

I adore Biden for the Democratic ticket [and I don't even believe in most Democratic ideals]. Smart, cut throat, and straight to the point. I <3 him :D.

In a perfect world, Bloomberg would come back to the Republicans and the Republicans might actually have a shot at the Presidency. Join Bloomy with Sen. Olympia Snowe [perfect world, again] and the Dems don't have a chance [especially since Olympia is 10x the woman that Clinton is...lmao].

I think the Republicans are going to have to find some obscure but highly qualified candidate [Sen. Snowe :D] and hype them up as much as possible. Some people may like the idea of Giuliani [myself included] but the hard truth is that this dude has wayyy too much baggage to make it past the primaries. As much as I love me some Rudy [lol], I'm pretty convinced this guy doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell in this election. :'(

Romney is the biggest flip-flopper in history. He would probably legalize everyone in the first 20 hours of his presidency if he got a large portion as a symbolic mandate of the Hispanic vote. lol. I do agree that his religion may have a definite impact in this election but it's probably just as well since his new "conservatism" is miles away from the liberal stances he had when he was Governor. He's hot though. lmao

Ron Paul makes me want to kill random people. I hate that man with a fiery passion, almost as much as I hate Dennis Kucinich. I'll stop here before writing pages about how incredibly [insert horrible word here] they both are.

Tancredo and Hunter are just there because they know that their fan clubs will at least give them a couple million dollars that they can just hoard away for other campaigns. I doubt either of them is really serious about their candidacy.

But all the above is just how I feel about this election. :D