DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The News Room (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Tweets/news 1/24/19 (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=83270)

Red neck 01-24-2019 12:23 PM

Tweets/news 1/24/19

@WhiteHouse
5m5 minutes ago
More
The bottom line: We can end this shutdown today by doing things both sides claim they want—DACA, border security, humanitarian solutions, and TPS.

Anyone who claims to support these things but rejects the plan to reopen the Government has a lot of explaining to do to Americans.

@WhiteHouse
6m6 minutes ago
More
The President's compromise includes ideas from both Democrats and Republicans. Speaker Pelosi rejected it before it was even presented.

Where is their counteroffer?

my opinion
Guess they are waiting for a counter offer. But is it because they want a deal or to shift the blame?

Pelosi's Press conference

https://www.facebook.com/NancyPelosi...ibng&__tn__=-R

Nothing really important said.

After pelosi's press conference Trump Tweeted

@realDonaldTrump
Follow Follow @realDonaldTrump
More
Nancy just said she “just doesn’t understand why?” Very simply, without a Wall it all doesn’t work. Our Country has a chance to greatly reduce Crime, Human Trafficking, Gangs and Drugs. Should have been done for decades. We will not Cave!

@ChadPergram
6m6 minutes ago
More
Graham: So what happens after failure. Let’s see if we can get this group of senators to come forward and indicate to the president that there's a pathway forward for a wall funding barrier funding but there’d have to be some changes to TPS and DACA submitted by the admin

dreamer__13 01-24-2019 12:27 PM

Re: Tweets/news 1/24/19

The longer this shit goes on, the more Trump hurts his chances of being re-elected. Drag it on.

cmeow 01-24-2019 12:32 PM

At this point, unless republicans vote to open government and give Trump a chance to sign it... the republicans will have to offer democrats a bill that will gain their support. So far, the bill they gave democrats as a compromise isn't serious and that'll have to change.

Let's see how the senate votes. I imagine a few republican defectors (to cover their asses and protect the vulnerable senator for election) but not enough to pass a bill.

It's also possible that the dems will offer 5+ billion for border sec but no wall funding and maybe that opens up government. If that happens and this bill doesn't pass because Trump is set on having a wall, then dems will gain an upper hand.
If it passes & Trump still wants his wall - dreamers will have to wait for February as they negotiate wall funding.
If it passes & Trump gives up on his wall - dreamers will have to wait for an unknown amount of time.

JayR9 01-24-2019 12:49 PM

They just trying to shift blame. Democrats are right in their strategy. Reject them until a reasonable offer is on the table. None of this bullshit Miller ideas. They can go through the song and dance with Trump again but that guy just going to flip.

Future accountant 01-24-2019 12:54 PM

Keep on going trump, at the rate you’re going you will have to give the dems comprehensive immigration reform for you wall

freshh. 01-24-2019 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Future accountant (Post 730223)
Keep on going trump, at the rate you’re going you will have to give the dems comprehensive immigration reform for you wall

Right. I personally hope he keeps this up and bleeds support from his base.

JJ Glo 01-24-2019 01:00 PM

The shutdown is getting out of hand. TSA workers are calling off, flight control workers are now saying they are being mentally impacted and IRS workers are missing work. I predict they'll re-open the government and then negotiate border security afterwards.

Demise 01-24-2019 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freshh. (Post 730224)
Right. I personally hope he keeps this up and bleeds support from his base.

Give it a bit and funding for food stamps runs out. Then those pissed off rednecks will maybe finally think.

Nah who am I kidding they'll just double down on hating Pelosi because Dear Leader can do no wrong.

cmeow 01-24-2019 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ Glo (Post 730225)
The shutdown is getting out of hand. TSA workers are calling off, flight control workers are now saying they are being mentally impacted and IRS workers are missing work. I predict they'll re-open the government and then negotiate border security afterwards.

This was happening a week ago, when they missed their first paycheck. The problem is that some people can't sympathize with people that are living pay check to pay check. They see it as just "some pain" but those people have millions of dollars in the bank. Frankly, the vast majority of leaders in politics have millions of dollars in the bank.

JavierHTx 01-24-2019 01:12 PM

Trump’s America is in chaos. Good.